9- Changkyun

"Hi! I'm Minhyuk!" He said before I could fully open the door.

"Hello, um, Hyungwon is still in class."

"I know. I see him too much. I wanted to meet you without him watching like a hawk." Minhyuk said with a bright smile as he walked past me into the dorm. A little stunned, it took me a second of watching him sit down on Hyungwon's bed before I turned and closed the door following him.

"Why are you here so early though? He's gonna kill me while I'm sleeping because you're here without him." I said, vividly remembering Hyungwon tell me exactly how long he'd be gone and not to let Minhyuk in and exactly how he'd murder me if I did. I can't even stay with Kihyun and Hoseok. He knows where they live. How stupid can I be?

"He's all talk. Worst he'll do is stare at you while you're sleeping and that's depending on the person." Minhyuk replied laying down on the bed. I looked at him skeptically not knowing if I should believe him. Then again, he knows him better than me.

"Are you sure? I really don't want to die and he definitely looks like he would."

"Please. I bet you're stronger than him. Have you seen his skinny ass? If you get murdered by him then you're an idiot. But a cute idiot!" He said gleefully pointing a finger up to show he was making a point. I felt my cheeks warm with embarrassment.

"I'm not cute," I argued.

"I beg to differ. Cutie. Okay question time," he sat up and started his questions before I could refuse. "Hyungwon told me where you're from so what schools did you go to? Full name. Any English name?"

"Uhm I-I went to XX, XXX, and XXXX. Im Changkyun and Daniel but I don't use it much."

"Wait you went to XXX? Isn't that-? I don't know. I'm probably wrong. Now question for your safety."

"What? What kind of question regards my safety?"

"The sexuality question." Minhyuk looked at me the most serious he had since he got here. "Don't worry, I'm not homophobic. I'm gay myself so it'd be kind of contradicting if I was."

"I'm gay." It came out a lot lower than I had intended yet he still heard me.

"Oh, you poor baby."

"What? Why?"

"Hyungwon is going to kill ME if I give an explanation to that. Has he started with the quotes yet?"

"Quotes?" I looked at him confused and a little annoyed that he changed the subject.

"So no.  You'll know when he does." I was starting to realize I was probably never going to get straight answers from Minhyuk. The older pulled his phone out of his pocket. "I'll text Hyungwonnie and tell him I came in without asking you."

"Well, I'm glad since that is what happened."

"Hey, I could have just walked in. You didn't even lock the door."

"Your best friend was supposed to do that when he left."

"Ah. Makes sense. Wait so you've just been here for hours?"

"I had one class early this morning. After that yeah I've been here. Is that a problem?"

"Yes! That's so boring!"

"I am not boring." I pouted and looked at the door that had started opening.

"Yes, he is," Hyungwon said coming into the room.

"You barely know me." I defended. The tall male put his stuff on his desk and sat in the chair.

"All you do is talk to Kihyun on the phone. That's the most exciting thing you do. Some of your conversations worry me though so maybe you aren't that boring." He smirked.

"I'm never calling anyone when you're around again. Your conversations aren't much better anyways." Minhyuk had been watching us with a smile on his face until he couldn't stand not being a part of the conversation and changed the subject.

"Hey Kyun, how long have you and Hoseok known each other? How'd you become friends?" I felt Hyungwon lock his eyes on me when Minhyuk asked. Every time the guy was mentioned today he wouldn't take his eyes off of me. Like he was trying to decipher if I really didn't care that Hoseok liked me.

"Since middle school. He was a new student and when he first got there I didn't really want to talk to him but he kept doing it anyway and eventually grew on me I guess. He's also the reason I'm friends with Kihyun. They were in the same class and one day he just introduced us. I was actually kinda lonely before I met them." I said avoiding eye contact with either of them as I remembered just how lonely I actually was after my best friend had left. Something about Minhyuk made me want to talk. He was very talkative himself, but he also gave me a trustworthy feeling. It was comforting. What wasn't comforting was the fact that I had slipped up and almost talked about things that made me feel vulnerable not just once, but multiple times in front of Hyungwon in our few days as roommates.

"I'm so sorry Kyunie. We can be friends too if you want!"Minhyuk exclaimed happily. I was caught off guard not knowing what to say. I had never even thought about making friends with anyone else after Kihyun.

"O-oh thank you." I finally stuttered out trying not to show the slight smile on my face. I was happy that he wanted to be friends, but I still wasn't sure how much I could trust him.

"I actually live only a few doors down from you two so you could come over if you're ever free. Just text me and let me know." Minhyuk said as Hyungwon glared again.
I wondered if he was just saying it because he felt sorry for me.

"Thank you but you don't have to say that," I replied.

"No I don't but I want to. I want to be your friend. Hoseok talks about you a lot. You're his best friend and he would do anything for you. I can see that and that shows that you're someone that others want to be around. You make Hoseok so happy, Hyungwon too," the mentioned male, who had stopped looking at Minhyuk, shot his head up shocked.