14- Changkyun

Waking up, I heard the sound of rain breaking its fall on the window before the quick realization that I was still in Hyungwon's bed. Thankful that I was alone, I got out of his bed and fixed the blankets. I changed my clothes and took my phone from the nightstand. Kihyun had said he'd call after talking to Hoseok. Did he not go home last night? Seeing that I had no missed calls I set the phone down and curled up on my bed to watch the rain hit the window. The darkness in the room helping to see the weather. I raised my head to the sound of the door unlocking to see Hyungwon walk in with two coffees.

"Goodmorning, sorry for leaving. I just went to get these," The older said, raising his hands still holding the coffees before handing one to me. I sat up and accepted the drink with a 'thank you'. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I just broke my best friend's heart," I said bluntly, not looking away from my fingers wrapping around the clear cup.

"Can I ask what happened?" Hyungwon asked hesitantly, obviously not knowing if I trusted him enough to share it. I brought my eyes up to look at the taller that was now sitting next to me. I saw the worry in his eyes. I couldn't understand why he would seem so worried without knowing much about me or my past, but I guess I would be too if he had come back looking the same way I did. Looking away from him, I took a deep breath before telling him everything that had happened the day before. His eyes watched me closely the whole time.

"I'm terrified, Hyungwon. I know that Kihyun said he would get over it, but what if he doesn't? He hasn't even called yet, and I don't know what to do." I was close to tears when the older one suddenly hugged me. Something about his scent was so calming that I could hug him all day.

"Don't do anything. 'It's always safe to do nothing in the rain.' He could have refused to talk to Kihyun. Let him collect his thoughts."

"Why are you suddenly talking about the rain? I mean, I love the rain, but what does it have to do with this?." I looked up at him confused.

"It's a quote. From Dark Between Stars."

"Ahhh the one you have like thirty copies of?" I smiled as I let go of the hug.

"I do not have thirty. I only have three," Hyungwon smiled back as he stood up holding his hand out for me to take. "Let's go outside."

"Yes! Wait, are you sure you want to?" I didn't take the older as someone to like being outside during this kind of weather.

"If it will take your mind off of Hoseok. Come on, get your coat, and leave your phone. I don't want you thinking about any of it." Hesitantly, I nodded knowing that it was probably best that I didn't think of it yet I was still anxious for Kihyun to call.

~~~

"So is walking our thing now?" I asked, finding it amusing that only the night before last we had also gone walking.

"Hmm, I guess so. Weird. Minhyuk would wonder what demon possessed me to walk so much." Hyungwon's light chuckle sounded like music, I grew a little sad when it stopped. Hearing Minhyuk's name however had made me think about the question he had asked me. If Hyungwon had started the quotes yet.

"Oh my god. I just realized something. Minhyuk mentioned you quoting stuff when he was over. You quote that book a lot don't you?" I wasn't sure if that would be a good or bad thing to hear them all the time.

"He exaggerates. I mean I've only said one to you this whole week." The taller man defended himself.

"To me. We've only known each other for a week. You could have been waiting to see what I'd think about it."

"I obviously should have waited longer."

"Maybe you should at least let me read the book." I figured if I was going to be hearing them from him I should read it.

"Really? You can borrow one whenever." Hyungwon's smile was so beautiful when he was happy.

"Okay," I smiled back at him. He had helped me feel better. Even if this moment wouldn't last forever, I wanted it to. No worries just walking with Hyungwon in the rain. "Why do you like that book so much?" I asked. He looked at me before putting his head back to feel the water droplets hit his face for a moment.

"I've known English since I was eight or nine. I didn't find joy in reading English books until I lived with my grandparents," pausing he glanced at me. "Can we sit down?" Nodding my head, we went to sit on the nearest bench, despite it being covered in rainwater, and he continued. "My grandparents controlled everything I did, but they don't know English. It was the only freedom I had when I lived with them. So I found comfort in it. I read Dark Between Stars during my first year of high school. Something about it- just. I don't know. I don't quote it to everyone. I only do it to Minhyuk, Hyunwoo, and now you. I can stop doing it to you if you want."

"Please don't ever stop." I started to feel something in my chest. He was treating me as one of his closest people. I felt special. The feeling in my chest became tighter when Hyungwon turned his head towards me, faces inches apart. His eyes were so deep, you could see the emotions he hid behind them in such beauty. I couldn't help but notice his lips, large in a perfect way. Growing nervous, I jerked my head forward and looked down. Pressing my lips in a line as I started imagining things I shouldn't be.

"Why are you so nervous?" Hyungwon questioned. Making the mistake of glancing at him and his lips, I started panicking. How would his lips feel? I couldn't stop wondering.

"I-um. We should-" I was cut off from my stuttering when Hyungwon's long fingers were under my chin. My mind went blank when it no longer had to imagine the feeling of his lips on mine. I hadn't realized just how much I wanted to do this, but I froze in shock unable to kiss him back. Hyungwon suddenly moved back, removing his hand. I noticed how red his face had become when he turned to look away.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." He muttered, not noticing me staring at him. Confidence had suddenly come over me.

"Please don't ever stop." The older finally looked at me again. Taking the opportunity I grabbed the back of his neck and leaned in. It didn't take long for Hyungwon to kiss me back. The kiss deepened and we soon had to part for air. All of the confidence leaving me, I turned away blushing.

"If I never stopped kissing you we'd suffocate." Hyungwon laughed.

"Now I only want to kiss you to make you shut up."

"I would not mind one bit."

"Whatever, let's go," I said, fighting the urge to actually kiss him again.

"So when are we doing it again? If this happens every walk, can we walk every day? My demon is you now. Min would be proud." he rambled on, clearly happy and excited as we stood up to leave.

"Why are you so happy? I never agreed to anything."

"Sooo you don't want to do that again?"

"Shut up." I could feel my cheeks burn as I felt him watching me.

"You do. I know. I am a great kisser." Hyungwon looked so proud of himself in a funny way. It was cute as hell. I felt like a twelve-year-old girl fanning over an idol. I wanted to see his smile every moment for the rest of my life.

How fucking stupid am I not to realize how beautiful and stunning and gorgeous and captivating and AHHH. Have I liked him this whole time? What if he only did this to make me not think about Hoseok?

"Why are you panicking?" The older said, no longer sounding proud but worried.

"I-Why did you kiss me?"

"Are you blind? I've liked you the whole time."

~

Hi! Sorry for taking so long :( this was pretty much done before I had to leave, but I didn't have access to it and when I got back I kinda fell out of my writing ideas. BUT here it is! And I will try to gather myself to work on the next one ASAP. Thank you so so so much for waiting. I hope you are and continue enjoying what I write and shout out to @mrm1818 who has helped immensely. Wishing you all a wonderful day!