6 - Sun Sets and Paradise

A/N, last chapter until angst starts, sorry lol

And it felt like a weight had been lifted. It felt like heaven.

Elsa's throat tightened at the contact, but she couldn't stop. She leant in first and kissed Honeymaren with months of built up feelings. She felt as if she was letting go the last drops of her fear, even if the brunette didn't like her back. She accepted who she was now.

The snow around them evaporated in almost an instant, Elsa's confidence was back for those few moments, especially after she felt Honeymaren kiss her back with just as much passion, if not more passion.

The Fifth Spirit moved her arms slowly down to the brunettes waist, softly placing her hands there, not wanting to make the other girl uncomfortable.

Honeymaren swung her arms around Elsa's neck, going on her tippy toes to be as tall as the blonde girl. She secretly envied their height difference, wishing she was taller than Elsa.

The kiss was simple, but filled with emotions only the girls could feel. It might've only lasted a few seconds, but to them it felt like an eternity of unraveling locked away feelings, that kept peaking out rarely at times.

Elsa pulled back first, opening her eyes. Their foreheads rested against one another still, as they swayed back in forth in silence. The blonde spirit studied Honeymaren's starlike freckles under the mix of candlelight and afternoon sun. Her skin was glowing and clear, with spots of dirt on her cheeks. It was adorable, and reminded Elsa of the inner child that brunette really was.

Honeymaren's eyes fluttered open a few seconds after. The tanned girl turned a deep shade of red after she realised that Elsa had been looking over at her features not so subtly. The only reason Honeymaren didn't pull back first was she didn't want it to end, she was scared of it ending and she didn't even know why.

"Well, I was only expecting the nose rub, but that was pretty good too." Honeymaren chuckled, covering her mouth with her hand.

Elsa smiled softly, her shoulders relaxing in a way as if she had been expecting a more harsh comment. "I-I don't really know what came over me, sorry. I don't regret it though, that's the best first I could ever ask for."

Honeymaren's eyebrows rose in sudden surprise. "That was your first kiss? But you're a goddess! Who wouldn't want to kiss you? For a first timer that was.... wow. It's the best kiss I've literally ever had."

Elsa felt flattered by the comment, making her stutter over the most simple sentences. "I've never really liked anyone my whole life. I-I mean there was the occasional slip up where I would see a pretty girl or even a guy and immediately be confused, but not like this. And y-yeah it was, I still can't believe I did that." The blonde muttered to herself in disbelief, turning back in the direction of the hallway to continue their mini mission.

Before they set off again however, Honeymaren smirked to herself and then gently took Elsa's hand in hers.

And just like that, the frost was back. The wooden floorboards around them turned a light blue as Elsa's cheeks flushed momentarily. A sudden feeling then overwhelmed her, one that she had felt only once before.

The feeling was warmth. Elsa felt warm inside.

The blonde enjoyed the feeling. It was an intense and sudden feeling, very unlike her usual cold and numb skin.

"I-I like this, it's nice."

Honeymaren grinned at her happily. "I like this too, is this okay?" The brunette kept her boundaries all the time and always asked for reassurance. She didn't want Elsa feeling too overwhelmed or awkward as she knew how new and bad she was at things like relationships after they had a conversation by the beach about it recently. Hell, even she wasn't the most experienced.