8 - Man She Once Met

A/N, I'm totally not writing this at 12:30am oops. Today is a BIG chapter, folks.

It had been roughly under a week since they started preparing. Anna and Kristoff were optimistic  as usual, confident in their teachings and layouts they had created by putting their minds together.

Honeymaren was sure they had shown the children enough, and that it was unlikely they would get so far into the village where they could steal a child anyway.

However, Elsa was a sweaty mess. Each night she slept she kept having nightmares, of flashes and slashes. Bangs of red, deep blues, and greens filled her mind as soon as the sun set each day. There was also another huge colour that filled her mind, purple. It was like a vision, and reminded her of the images Pabbie had showed her as a frightened child.

The blonde could never really make out what the dreams were. She was just surrounded by deep and violent colours, anonymous screams accompanying each new shade.

A voice calling her snapped Elsa out of her thoughts. It was Anna walking over to her worriedly. Elsa was sitting on a log by a fire that was not lit.

"Elsa! Elsaaaaa! Oh, there you are! You had me worried. Are you okay?" Her sister plopped next to her with a sigh.

The Fifth Spirit shook off her nervous butterflies. "Sorry Anna, I was just a bit distracted in my thoughts. I'm holding up okay, any new news?"

The ginger shook her head with a hidden grimace on her face. "Sadly no. We don't even know when they're going to attack now. Our troops lost track of where they were travelling, and they could attack from any side of the woods now that the fog is lifted."

The thought of them taking children without them even knowing made Elsa's stomach twirl. She almost thought she was going to hurl, cause a weird burp to escape her throat. "U-Um sorry, pardon me. I guess we'll just have to survey the entire area, where are Arendelle's soldiers camping out?"

"Right next to the Northuldra tents. The village people seemed to not mind being close to them again, after all the Fifth Spirit is from Arendelle and they trust you. They're getting on well I think, it'll strengthen their chemistry in combat for sure." Ever since Anna had started dating Kristoff she had learned more and more about fighting, muscles and....reindeer.

"Well, thats good. Do you know where Honeymaren is?" The blonde's eyes merely sparkled at the thought of the girl. Lately she had been wanting to be near the girl more often. It was like she was craving her affection in some way, or more than that.

"I actually don't, no. I last saw her go off riding with Ryder in a hurry, so who knows. Why you so curious, missing her already?" Anna wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"N-No! Well y-yes but n-no not entirely! I am capable of living my life for a few hours without her thank you."

"Oh please you are more whipped than I was with Kristoff in our first weeks. How long have you two been dating anyways? One minute she's giving you this necklace, the next you two are spooning, don't tell me you've already-"

Elsa wrapped her right hand around Anna's mouth out of embarrassment. "Shush it, Anna! We've been dating for around two weeks, okay? We certainly have not done that yet."

An awkward silence fell between them as a passerby walked past and glanced at them weirdly. Anna then decided to open her mouth once more and relentlessly tease her sister. "I bet you've thought about it, though."

Elsa's cheeks flushed as she summoned a snowball into her hands and chucked it at her sister's head, causing Anna to erupt in a giggly laughter. The blonde couldn't help chuckle at the red head's childish antics.