13 - Grandfather

A/N, every time I write something horny for you people I low key feel awkward about it so djhglahsg laiyniesfrozenheart YOU GOT YOUR DAILY GAY NOW BE PREPARED FOR DRAMA. BTW ILY HERES A PRESENT. ALSO, GO CHECK OUT LAIYNIE SHE HAS GREAT STORIES AND SHE'S ALSO ON AO3. ALSO IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH DKJGHADKLGHJ

Sun had barely grazed over the landscape when Honeymaren's peaceful sleep was harshly interrupted. A loud knocking on the balcony door startled her, making her jolt straight up under her blankets.

Rubbing her eyes, the brunette realised Elsa was no longer in her arms. "Snowflake?" She whispered tiredly with a yawn, stretching out her limbs. Today was a big today, one of the biggest of their lives, even, Honeymaren just knew that subconsciously.

"Hello? If anyone's out there, Queen Anna has ordered us all to wake early. We must head for the mountains at once." It seemed one of Arendelle's guards had awoken to convey a message to everyone.

Honeymaren pondered for a moment and guessed she would most likely find her girlfriend somewhere in the castle with Anna. The two were inseparable sisters, after all.

The landscape of darkness had seemed to had spread faster than a virus overnight. Trees were hunched over and drained like sultanas and even the normal wildlife seemed to have dulled, their usual morning cries now a quiet whisper.

"Hey, Maren!" A voice called out to Honeymaren as soon as she had reached the top of the glistening ice stairs. The brunette was still desperately trying to tug her arm through one of the sleeves of her fur jacket arms.

Through the almost clear glaze walls, Honeymaren could spot her brother sitting on the edge of the frozen fountain. The taller boy waved her over excitedly, his usual chirpy grin plastered on his dark face.

As Maren scurried down the perfectly sculpted stairs, she only began to truly realise how crowded the castle was. Some people were even camping on the bottom of the staircase, not preferring to be cramped between dozens of people

With one last heave, squeezing in between two older teenage Northuldran people that didn't even seem to notice her, Honeymaren made it to her brother.

"Hey, big bro! How're you doing?" The tan girl asked curiously, concern shining through in her tone. It seemed Ryder would be able to walk without crutches during the day for a period of time, even though dozens of his bruises were still visible and healing.

"Maren, I have just been taking it day by day, and honestly I have just been appreciating how amazing this castle looks and just how nature looks, even though the mountains are infected. I'm just studying every little thing about the world just in case bad things happen today."

"What kind of bad things?" Honeymaren held an almost pout at Ryder's comment, his words concerned her.

"I don't know, just... casualties."

Ryder did not need to explain into any more detail, as Honeymaren began to realise what he truly meant.

"None of us are dying today, reindeer boy. We have a kind-hearted queen and beautifully-powered spirit leading us to victory, we will be completely fine." Honeymaren tried to reassure her older brother, looking down at him as he sat, putting her hand delicately on his shoulder.

A sudden commotion caused the two siblings to turn around, only to find Elsa and Anna walking towards the direction of the stairs. They were about to announce something.

"Look! There's your hot girlfriend." Ryder exclaimed plainly with a goofy smile on his face, speaking up and pointing towards Elsa's direction.

"Hey! She's not my girl- ugh! Is it that obvious?" Honeymaren whined like a small child, slouching her shoulders in defeat.