18 - Silent Kingdoms

A/N, ya'll I'm just going to ignore the fact that I got locked out of my account for over a good week and haven't been on here in like over two and a half months- the chapter is really long though so enjoy! (6379 words!)

Time felt slow, deliberate and not even real to the people of Arendelle, to Queen Anna, to Elsa, to everyone. Anna had just sent out a message and had desperately tried to personally attend to every single person of her kingdom, informing them of the current predicament on how the Sixth Spirit had overrun their town and created the sudden sickness. She remembered the horrified looks on their faces when she told them that their beloved relatives and friends had been turned into mindless soul ghouls, the colour that drained from their faces, the anger that arose inside of them.

"Queen Anna, how are our loved ones supposed to come back to us? Those ghouls... purple ghosts... they are so lifeless and almost full on gone! I'm set to give birth soon and my husband, a NORTHULDRA tribesman was somehow affected among all of the Arendelle people!" A woman pleaded form the crowd, she was lightly holding onto her large, impregnated stomach with one hand and clinging onto her daughter's hand with her other hand. 

Elsa, who stood tall next to her sister, recognised the girl holding onto her mother as the girl that she ran into under that tree that one day, Kirra. The little girl's freckled face was smudged in dirt and her eyes were red and puffy, presumably from crying and whining. "Is my daddy going to be okay?" She pleaded in a small voice up to her mother.

"I cannot confirm that every single sick person affected is going to come out unharmed and not scarred, but from Elsa's vision's I can confirm that they will come out alive, I assure all of you this. Every sick, ghoul transformed or injured person in this whole battle will return back home as soon as possible if everything goes to plan. Please, as your Queen, I plead that you all trust me. I will personally take the best soldiers I know, having a trusted Northuldra ally helping me pick, and return all of your friend's and family to you. We will kill this spirit, I promise." Anna had to raise her voice at the sudden crowd forming. 

Murmurs of both agreement and disagreement formed in the crowd as Anna let out a breath she had been holding in for far too long. She turned to her sister and looked at her with wide eyes. "Elsa," she began with a jitteriness underlining her tone, "I'm not actually quite sure if everyone will live through this..... do all of the citizens of the Northuldra and Arendelle make it out alive? They do, right?"

The two siblings began to walk over to Honeymaren while talking. The tan girl was gripping a spear tightly in her right hand in the distance, her left hand placed against her forehead in a stressed manner. She was furiously debating back and forth between Mattias and Yelena, her facial expressions overexaggerating with every word she spoke. "Anna I am... I am not quite sure, actually. My visions didn't necessarily show if they survived, just how to stop everything."

After Elsa spoke those words there was silence. That was when the blonde realised just how damaging those words probably were to the queen's hopes. "H-However don't think too much about it, sis. I promise to protect everyone and make sure everyone comes out as unscathed as possible. You cannot take responsibility for every single thing that has gone wrong, you may be queen but you are no god, none of us are, we cannot control what the Sixth Spirit does, what it does isn't your fault. Anna, you are an amazing ruler and I hope you can see just how much the town loves you. You are so incredibly strong."

The redhead sheepishly smiled and lightly nudged her older sister's shoulder with her own shoulder. "Well, honestly last time you battled the spirit you did look like a god, your eyes turned a bright white, it was a mix of light blue and crystal white, it was quite hypnotising and scary if I'm being honest."