15 - Set Free

A/N, if you all can't remember, Bulda is that troll from the original Frozen that suggested to Anna a 'trues love kiss' could thaw her frozen heart. There is a picture above for reference! Also, this chapter is more of a filler chapter, but there's fluff at the end! I'm sorry I didn't update sooner, I might have bruised my wrist and can't type that well ._.

Elsa sighed as the last of the broken chains fell to the cave floor. There had been a lot more trolls locked up than she had expected. It had broken the blonde's heart, as the trolls had been a huge part in her life. She wondered how Kristoff was feeling, as Grandpa Pabbie had practically been his grandfather growing up.

"Hey, Bulda, what happened to the children and people stolen from Arendelle? They... they weren't in any of these cages is all, I'm worried that they didn't...make it." The Fifth Spirit said, leaning down towards one of the more known and older trolls. The older troll furrowed her stone brows and shook her head.

"I'm sorry kid, I haven't seen any humans come in and out of this area. After we were locked up we were forced into darkness, being pushed into a forever sleep, we couldn't see or hear nothing. Well, that was until you guys came, thankfully."

Elsa nodded understandingly and smiled down at Bulda, anxiously playing with her pale fingers out of habit.

Honeymaren was behind the two and had listened to their conversation, and noticed her girlfriend's immediate distress as soon as the news of no Arendelle citizens coming through was said.

"Snowflake, we'll find them. They're out there somewhere, we know that. It's okay." The tan girl placed a calm hand on Elsa's right shoulder as they walked back out into the sunlight, beginning to travel back more towards the Magic Forest.

The Fifth Spirit smiled sheepishly at Honeymaren and kissed her hand that was still delicately on her shoulder. The Northuldran girl shyly looked down and grinned a goofy smile, retracting her hand.

Bulda raised an eyebrow at the two girls and immediately stretched up on her tippy toes to speak closer to Honeymaren.

"You wooed Elsa? The Queen Elsa of Arendelle? Well, technically former queen. That must have been a tough one! This blondie had a rough childhood. I applaud you and wish you two lovebirds the best." With a single wink, the troll was off, waddling over to a few children trolls that seemed more zoned out than anything.

Honeymaren stood dumbfounded at the older woman's words, blinking hard into space for a minute or two. Elsa merely glanced back at her with amusement twinkling in her eyes.

The group made it outside of the cliff area and into a nearby temperate forest. It was small but big enough to fit a temporary campsite. It seemed Anna had already begun giving out orders to the Arendelle and Northuldra soldiers, with Kristoff by her side answering any side questions.

"They really are a good pair, aren't they Honey?"

------

The echoing crackle of a campfire filled everyone's ears, as groups of five to ten people huddled around their own respective fireplace. It may not have been Winter anymore, but the chilly weather and medium winds were still wavering each day. The sun was setting, and they were set to travel as soon as dawn came upon them.

"Bulda, may I know how this whole ideal started?" Elsa began with a questioning tone, hugging herself with her mothers scarf carelessly tossed over her shoulders. It wasn't like the cold bothered her, she didn't even feel that chilly, she just felt off and wanted comfort from the familiar cloth. She had put her hair up in a messy ponytail. Honeymaren sat beside her, her head resting comfortably against the blonde's shoulder.