game over

You paced around the waiting room with Uraraka and Izuku there for emotional support. You asked Iida to come to join you as well but he had to leave in order to take care of some family business.

"SOMEONE GET ME A KID CUISINE STAT!"

"A kid cuisine?" Questioned Izuku

"Yes a kid cuisine- if I'm going to try to win the games I have to eat and think like a winner! And the only way I can do that is through contesting those delicious microwaveable brownies."

"FIVE MORE MINUTES UNTIL THE FINAL BATTLE!" Yelled Present Mic

"Scratch the kid cuisine idea! How about a quick s'more instead?" Your finger lit a small flame. You looked around, "Anyone?"

Uraraka stood up, grabbed your shoulders and shook you, "(Y/n) stop trying to avoid the situation!"

"Hehehehe oops sorry force of habit."

"In five minutes you are going to go out there and battle Bakugou and you need to be prepared! What is your plan?"

Your eyes began to water up, "The thing is- I- I don't know and-" you sniffled "I'm really scared guys"

Uraraka's eyes softened, "(Y/n)- I'm sorry"

"No it's okay, really" you wiped the tears from your eyes, "I just worked really hard to get here and I really want to prove to everyone that I can become a great hero."

Izuku came to comfort you, "(Y/n) I think the same the same goes for both of us when I say that even if you win or lose you could never let us down" Uraraka nodded her head in agreement.

You sniffled and smiled at them, "Thanks guys."

You turned towards the clock to look at the minutes wind down, "Do you guys think I have any chance of winning against him?"

"There's a chance, but I'd say it's about a 20% chance" sighed Izuku.

You let out a small laugh, "As long as there's a chance of me coming out on top I'm not giving up."

"If you play your cards right then you just might end up on top. In his previous battles, Bakugou always starts off with a large explosion directed at his opponent. If you could somehow figure out a way to avoid that and get him on defense instead of
offense, then you should be able to pull it off."

"Izuku!" You grabbed his shoulders quickly kissed his cheek,  "You're a genius!"

His face was bright red and he covered his face while he stumbling around the room.

"CONTESTANTS TAKE YOUR PLACES!" Yelled Present Mic.

Uraraka gave you a final send-off, "You got this (Y/n)! Don't let him know that you're afraid; be confident!"

For the final time today, you walked out of the room to take your place.

"THIS IS IT FOLKS; THE FINAL BATTLE OF THE DAY! BOTH (L/N) AND BAKUGOU WILL BE GOING HEAD TO HEAD TO COMPETE FOR FIRST PLACE!"

You sneered at Bakugou "I see you weren't too chicken to run away."

He furrowed his eyebrows but said nothing.

"LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!"

And just as Izuku had predicted Bakugou started off with one of his famous blasts. Gemini, in place of you, was on the ground while you had made your way behind him in order to surprise attack him. But unfortunately, Bakugou didn't rank number one in the entrance exams for no reason because he sent another blast behind him as well. However, he wasn't able to send an explosion your way before you could grab his wrist and link your senses together causing you both to fly back from the explosion.