2 // write about now

The next morning dawns in gloomy

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The next morning dawns in gloomy. There's no sun and no warmth and Esme marvels at the people from her bedroom window, shivering in the cold with a cup of coffee in their hands.

She has always loved winter, grew up with it. She doesn't know what she will do if they would have to move to Hawaii or something. Too hot for her.

"Esme,"

Esme nearly bangs her head against the window as she turns around, all the little happiness she was feeling a while ago, disappearing just like that. She stares at Jaxon with cautious eyes.

Jaxon sighs, "Look, I am sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. There's no excuse for that. But let me make up to you."

Esme doesn't reply. She rarely talks, and today, she feels like even opening her mouth would be too much work for her.

Jaxon notices this. They have been best friend for 15 years, and it's almost funny how easily they can read each other. Jaxon still never regards her feelings though. She tries to be understanding, she truly does. He is a rising pop star and he is busy, but is he really too busy for even one text or...is he bored of her and her silence?

"Let's get out of here." Jaxon says "There are a few places I need to visit."

The first place turns out to be the playground they used to play in when they were kids. It's abandoned now, with the swings and slides all broken. The snow crunches under their boots as they sit on the swings, rusted but thankfully not broken.

There's something off about Jaxon, Esme can sense that.

"What's wrong, Jaxon?"

Jaxon snaps his head towards her, as if surprised she talked, then, he slowly shakes his head in a 'no', and Esme feels her heart drop. He is shutting her out. Again.

She looks in the front, slowly pushing herself so she is swinging to and fro. Jaxon looks at her with a small smile. And then it falls.

"We need to record a new single." he says "It's been months since I have released a song. Fans are demanding something new and..." he sighs, as if dejected.

Esme looks up at the sky in thought then looks at him, "Then release one."

"I can't. I am here in London, my hometown. When I am away, there are a million of things I could write about, a million inspirations. The nooks and corners, my friends, my home, millions of things I miss...but now that I am here, I have no inspiration at all.."

Pause.

"Then, write about now, Jaxon."