7 // like i'm immortal

The thing about Jaxon is, that he can never see anyone sad

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The thing about Jaxon is, that he can never see anyone sad. Maybe that was one of the reason why he befriended three-year old Esme all those years ago, the quiet little girl huddled in a corner looking absolutely lonely.

And over the years, his protectiveness for her has grown to such an extent, that the lines between friendship and more has been blurred.

Jaxon has liked Esme for a long time in the hopes that it would diminish, but the distance between them, when he left for Hollywood at 16 years of age, has just helped in evolving his feeling for his best friend.

"What's wrong?" he asks Esme, in the limo on their way back.

Esme shakes her head, and Jaxon knows she won't tell him until she has reached her breaking point.

He purses his lips. He can't see her sad. Never could and never will. And he is also feeling a lot wild tonight, as he does after every concert. So, he shakily puts his hand around Esme and pulls her close.

Esme looks at him questioningly, a few tears still in her eyes. Jaxon stared at her in awe, tracing her features like he used to do of her picture after every concert, feeling a little braver than before.

When his thumb gently traces Esme's lips, her breath shudders.

"Jaxon, what are you doing?"

Jaxon leans in a bit. Not all the way to give away his intentions. Not yet. And tilts his head and gives a crooked smile, with the sole reason to hide his heart beating faster than ever and his palms getting a little sweaty. He examines her with everything in him.

Gosh, he loves her so damn much.

"Esme... Esme, you have been with me for a very long time. You were there when I broke my leg when I was 6, and you were there when I was auditioning for 'Britain's Got Talent'. You were there with me through thick and thin, up and down. You have soared with me over hills and swam with me to the bottom of the ocean."

"Jax?" Esme stares at him with confusion swirling in those eyes. Those damn blue eyes.

"I was handed over the sun, Es, but in the process I burnt myself. And the people didn't expect me to. Living in the spotlight was hard, Es, but your calls and texts where you would let me ramble on and on was what kept me going. I am not going to say I'm completely immune now, but I would say I know how to avoid getting burnt.

"And you, you, Esme Johanna Woods, you make me feel like I am immortal. You make my heart explode and flowers grow in my veins because I..." Jaxon takes in a deep shaky breath because this is it. This is it. "I'm in love with you."

And as soon as the limo comes to a halt, Jaxon kisses Esme.