Chapter 6

{Hey look, Nikki's actually posting!}

~Nicole's POV~

Right before fifth period- Chemistry, in my case- when I was stopping at my locker to grab my textbook, someone stopped me.

"Hey, you," a girl was standing in front of my locker, blocking my way.

"Pardon me," I said quietly. I recognized the girl as Carla, one of the more popular girls in school.

"What's that? Is our little thirteen-year-old baby speaking?" Carla baby-talked me. It's true, I was thirteen. I skipped third grade, so I was a little younger- and a lot smaller.

"Have at it, loser," Carla slid to the left, allowing me access to my locker.

I approached it quietly, as she smacked the books out of my hand. What a cliché girl, that Carla is.

The warning bell rang, and Carla scampered off in her stiletto heels.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I looked up.

It was Char.

She handed me my purple notebook that I had dropped. I smiled at her, but quickly looked away.

"Carla's a jerk," Char announced, picking my blue and green gradient binder up off the tiled floor.

"Mmhmm," I agreed, without actually saying a word.

"Hey, I like your folder," Char complimented me, handing me a black folder that I had decorated with Minecraft stickers.

"Thank you," I said quietly without looking up.

"Hey, Nicole! No wonder Carla picks on you- you're too quiet to speak up for yourself," Char stood up, and brushed her black jeans off.

"I-I..." The last warning bell signaled. If it rang again, we'd be late.

"Sorry, I gotta go. Chemistry. Maybe I'll see you around," Char declared.

"I have Chemistry, too!" I declared, gathering my belongings.

"Cool! See ya there," Char said, and she rushed off down the hall to the classroom.

I unlocked my locker, grabbed my textbook, and hurried to catch up with her.

{Author's Note: Written by yours truly.

~Nicole~ :3}