Chapter 20

Gary POV:

"3.. 2.. 1.. GO!"

I thought I was ready for anything Percy threw at me. But in 2 seconds flat, I was pinned with a sword an inch away from my throat.

"Suprise, suprise. Percy wins" Ms. Ann rolled her eyes. 

Percy outstretched an arm to help me up. I ignored it and got up on my own. 

"Ok, now a real fight. Percy vs Annabeth" Mr. Poe said. 

"You're going down Percy" Annabeth said.

"In your dreams Wise Girl" Percy said. 

"3.. 2.. 1.. GO!!" 

Annabeth and Percy started fighting. Their swords were slashing at what seemed to be the speed of light. I had no idea how they were both so good, but Mr. Poe and Ms. Ann were unfazed.

After a few minutes, Mr. Poe and Ms. Ann called a draw. Annabeth and Percy went back to their seats, not even a bead of sweat on either of their faces.

"Ok class, we know you guys will never live up to that demonstration, but start practicing sparing with a partner." Ms. Ann said. 

I raised my hand to ask a question. 

"Yes Gary?" Mr. Poe sighed. 

"How do you know we won't become as good as Percy and Annabeth? I can beat Percy with some practice and training" I pointed out. 

Ms. Ann rolled her eyes. "You need a lot more than SOME training. Also, Percy has been training since he was 12 and Annabeth has been fighting since she was 7. I HIGHLY doubt that you can ever to their level of skill" 

My face started to heat up in embarrassment. Fuming, I walked over to the bleachers and sat down.  I started to think about what Ms. Ann said.  Training since he was 12? Fighting since she was 7? That's a long time.  

Wait, how would Ms. Ann and Mr. Poe know that?

Annabeth POV:

~AFTER SCHOOL~

"Annabeth, come over here" Athena beckoned me toward her.  I walked over. 

"What's up?" I asked.  

"Can you and Percy come to Olympus tonight? She asked.  

"Sure, why?"

"It's a surprise"

~THAT NIGHT~

Athena and Poseidon teleported us to Olympus for our surprise.  

"Can you tell us what our surprise is now? Percy asked impatiently.  

"You'll see in a moment" Poseidon responded.  

We walked in through the hallway and into a room I recognized only from my designs.  

"Is this the dining room?" I asked to confirm my suspicion. 

"Yep" Poseidon said.  

There were gods and goddesses EVERYWHERE.  Think of any god, even the most minor, and they were here.  

"Welcome Poseidon, Athena, Percy, and Annabeth" Zeus said.  

"What's going on?" I asked.  

"We are having a Thanksgiving and Christmas celebration in one night" Zeus explained.

"Why in one night? Why not two different night on the days they're supposed to be on?" Percy asked.  

"Percy, us gods are very busy and we dont have time to get together twice in under two months.  And frankly, we cant always stand to be near each other, so we have one night of festivities. We eat a Thanksgivng meal, and then exchange gifts"

"Now that that's settled, let's party!" Poseidon yelled.  

Sorry for that cringy ending.  I'm going to try to make a part 2 with all the things they do at the party.  I don't know if you guys know this or not, but if you add this story to a reading list, you'll get notified everytime I post.  You could also follow me because I send an announcement every time that I post a new chapter.  

Happy Holidays,

KawaiiMango11 🥭