Chapter 21

Gary POV:

I decided to get to the bottom of how Ms. Ann could know Percy and Annabeth so well. No matter what it took.  

3rd Person POV:

Meanwhile, at the party, Percy and Annabeth were having a great time eating snacks and dancing together.  

"May I speak with both of you?" someone said.  

Annabeth turned around and say that Artemis was standing behind them.  "Oh, Lady Artemis.  What can we do for you?" she asked.

"I'm here to inquire about one of your friends, McKenzie I believe is her name," Artemis explained.

"What about her?" Percy asked.  

"Well, it seems to me that she was quite upset when Gary rejected her and she might want to become a hunter," Artemis pointed out.  

"She might want to, but you should ask her yourself," Percy said.

"Then I suppose I will," Artemis stated.  And with that, she flashed away leaving Percy and Annabeth alone. 

Slowly, the upbeat song that was playing faded into a slow classical song.  Aphrodite got out of her seat and glided over to the front of the room and grabbed the microphone.  

"Will all the couples please join us on the floor for the last dance of the night?" she asked in a sultry tone. 

"Do you want to?" Percy asked Annabeth.  

"We probably should so we don't anger Aphrodite and have her inflict her rage on us in the form of Gary karma" Annabeth responded.  

"Oh, so is that the only reason you want to dance with me?" Percy asked with a smirk and a raised eyebrow.  

"Obviously Seaweed Brain.  You're not very good at dancing" Annabeth playfully pushed Percy's arm, smiling.  

Percy took her hand and led her over to the dance floor.  Annabeth wrapped her arms around Percy's neck and he set his hands on her waist.  They started slowly swaying back and forth with the music.  

Before they knew it, the song had ended and had the party.  

Percy's POV:

After, the party, Hermes teleported us back to our apartment.

"Well that was fun," I pointed out to Annabeth as I took off my jacket and set the keys on the side table.  

"Yeah, it as really nice to get away from all the drama that we have to live through, even if it was only for one night" she sighed.  

"Are you tired, or do you want to stay up and do something together?" I asked.  

"I need to take a shower first, but then we can figure out what we're gonna do" Annabeth started walking towards the bathroom.  

"I could join you," I said.  

"That's the best joke I've heard all day" she called from down the hall.  

"Fine then, your loss" I yelled back.  While Annabeth is showering, I might as well occupy myself by ordering Annabeth a puzzle.  I decided on a 1000 piece 3D puzzle of the empire state building.  I already gave her a custom necklace that said Wise Girl in cursive on it, but I wanted to get her something else.  

Once, I finished ordering her gift, I decided to send an Iris message to my mom.  

I walked over to the sink and guided some water out of the faucet to create some mist.  I then grabbed a drachma from the counter and said, "Hey Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Sally Jackson in Manhattan"

The mist started to change until it showed me an image of my mom and Paul sitting on the couch eating popcorn. 

"Hey mom," I said, trying to get her attention. 

She turned her head and saw me.  "Oh, hi Percy!! To what do I owe this message?" she asked. 

"I was just checking I on you to see how you and Estelle were doing" I replied.  

"Two more months, and then we can finally meet her," Sally exclaimed.  "Where's Annabeth?"

"Glad to see you care about me mom," I rolled my eyes. "She's showering,"

"It was nice talking to you Percy," Paul said.  

"You too, make sure you call whenever your water breaks so Annabeth and I have enough time to get there when she's born"

"Will do," Sally replied. "Bye, I love you"

"I love you too mom" I waved my hand through the mist to end the call.  

Ok! So that's this chapter.  I promised someone I would update today so I didn't have enough time to make this chapter as long as I had wanted.  But, at least we had some cute Percabeth moments. I'm sorry I hadn't updated in months.

Thanks for sticking with me,

KawaiiMango11