Chapter 87 [A Get-together and Exchange of Handkerchieves]

"Prince Yu, I am here to remind my elder brother to not offend someone he shouldn't offend. That's all."

Hu Lunan changed the sinister mannerism he displayed in the farmhouse into a gentle one as he replied.

Nevertheless Long Tianhao was not fooled by this but eyes him with vigilance.

After realizing that he had embarrassed himself, Hu Lunan snorted and turned back to King Ming.

"That younger brother of yours does not seem very decent."Long Tianyi commented as he watched Hu Lunan walked away.

Hu Tianbei did not seem perturbed by this assessment on his brother, as if he was used to hearing such evaluation.

"Lunan was spoilt since young. Please bear with him and excuse his rudeness."

Lin Mengya nodded, thinking in her heart that this pair of brothers were a little odd, but she did not comment further.

"Mengya, this is the Crown Prince, the son of King Ming. He is also Qinghan's sworn brother."

Long Tianhao gently explained and this piece of information took Lin Mengya by surprise. She had heard Concubine Du mentioned before that Long Qinghan enjoyed making acquaintances with capable men all around the world, but she had not imagined that he had this close relationship with this crown prince.

"Please forgive me for being so abrupt in my appearance the other, Princess Yu."

Lin Mengya had told Long Tianhao everything that had happened in Wanfo Temple the other day.

Although now she had confirmed that the second prince of King Ming was the one who kidnapped her the other day, she had no idea if there was a conspiracy behind this.

"It's no big deal, don't worry about it, Your Highness."

Until now, Lin Mengya was able to see that this crown prince was one who was not particular about details but had a carefree character just like Long Qinghan. It was no wonder that the two of them had become sworn brothers.

"Please take a seat, Your Highness. The Queen and our Crown Prince will be arriving soon."

Hu Tianbei nodded and made his way back to his father, King Ming.

Long Tianhao let go of his grip on Lin Mengya's shoulder, as he thought that the two of them had been attracting too much attention.

The banquet was conducted as planned and all the royals, officials and powerful man with their wives were seated at their seats, chattering away softly.

"Is that really Princess Yu?"

"What's the big deal? She had married Prince Yu only because of the power of Marquis Zhennan."

"Look at you sounding so jealous! Don't tell me you still can't get Prince Yu out of your mind?"

The chatterings going on around Lin Mengya had all reached her ears.

Holding up the cup from the table, Lin Mengya took a sip of the wine. She did not intend to stir up hot conversations, but unfortunately, she was simply too conspicuous.

"The Empress is here! The Crown Prince is here!"

As the eunuch made the announcement, the entire Yuanshan Palace quietened down.

Everyone stood up and turned their eyes towards the main door and bowed in respect.

"Long live the Queen, long live the crown prince."

Lin Mengya, together with all the princesses, the Emperor's concubines bent their knees in a bow. Even King Ming and his sons bowed in respect.

"You may rise. As a gesture to welcome King Ming, we have arranged for this state banquet so we can all enjoy it."