Chapter 94 [The Current State of the Yue Family]

(A/N:M Backkkkkk guys, Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'll compensate you greatly tho. So byeeeee, love you guys 😘 💓 )

After sending a messenger to Long Tianhao to give him a reply, Lin Mengya went out of Prince Yu's Mansion, bringing with her four maidservants.

They were riding on a carriage which bore the sign of the Prince Yu's Mansion, accompanied a dozen guards along its sides in an orderly manner. This attracted much attention from the people around.

"Miss, why did we bring so many people with you today?"

Baizhi asked in puzzlement, as she lifted the curtain of the horse carriage and look at the group of guards escorting them.

"Isn't it simple? Our mistress is visiting her future sister-in-law. We can't look too pathetic, otherwise, we would be looked down upon."

Baishao, who was always quick with her mouth, happened to speak Lin Mengya's mind.

Big Sister Yueting had also given her a hint earlier on.

Today, Lin Mengya had to use her status as a princess to add to their gravity. Perhaps the Yues might even refuse their visit and not open their doors to welcome them.

"Miss Yue is a beautiful and gentle lady. She had always treated our Princess with kindness."

Baizhi sounded excited when she mentioned matters concerning Big Sister Yueting.

As Lin Mengya listened attentively to parts of the conversation, all the more she thought that her future sister-in-law was a gem hard to come by because she was so virtuous.

Indeed her brother was blessed in this way.

"Unfortunately, while Miss Yue is such a pleasant person, her mother is not an easy person to deal with. Please be reminded not to lose your cool if she says something that offends you."

The moment they mentioned the Mrs. Yue,Baizhi turned to look at Lin Mengya with concern.

Although she was glad her Miss was an intelligent woman, her temperament was hard to predict sometimes.

"I get it."

She lowered her head and blow on the hot tea placed in front of her.

She was all ready to defend and protect her brother and sister-in-law. She was determined to settle the matter with her future in-laws.

Soon, the horse carriage arrived at the Yue's Mansion. The Yues were a scholarly family and apparently, they were different from any other regular families.

Although the mansion had been housing a few generations of people and had been renovated over the years, it appeared plain and simple and there was nothing lavish about it.

What a noble family! Lin Mengya sent men to bring the invitation and knock on the door.

After about seven minutes, a kindly looking middle-aged man, together with some servants and his wife came out to meet Lin Mengya.

"We are honored to have Princess Yu visit us, please forgive me for not being aware of your coming."

Lin Mengya alighted from the horse carriage with the help of Baisu in a graceful manner, befitting a princess.

"You don't have to stand on ceremony, my respected in-law. I should have paid a visit earlier on but was overburdened with various matters. Finally, I am able to find time today to pay you a visit. I should be the one apologizing for the delay.

Yue Shilin smiled gently. He thought it amazing for such a young princess to carry herself with such grace befitting of her status and cast her an approving look.