Chapter 101 [I Am Not Being Jealous]

Ever since she knew Long Tianhao, she had never seen him shown concern for anyone other than Concubine De.

Not even the most exceptional beauties were able to move Long Tianhao's heart. Why then was he especially concerned about Princess Linlang?

Lin Mengya stole a glance at Steward Deng, who was busying himself organizing the herbs and medicine, Lin Mengya had a brainwave she casually asked,

"I've not heard of Princess Linlang. Who exactly is she?"

Without feeling suspicious, Steward Deng paused for a moment and answered, saying,

"Miss Linlang was Prince Yu's playmates when they were young. Because of her poor health, she has been living in Prefecture Bing to recuperate. Miss Linlang's health had always been something on the prince's mind, which was why he always sends these valuable herbs and medicine to nurture her health.

So that was the reason. Lin Mengya nodded. In that case, she had nothing more to inquire.

Since they were together from the time they were young, it was only natural that they had a deep relationship with each other.

After all, Long Tianhao had not always been the cold and aloof prince since young.

Lin Mengya thought it was better for her to find out more information earlier than to be caught off guard. She sat silently at the table for a moment.

"What illness did Miss Linlang contract? I'm afraid any regular medication would not help with her condition?"

Lin Mengya sighed in her heart and decided to probe further.

She reckoned that Long Tianhao must have the same thoughts, which was why he had sent for her to help pick the herbs and medicine.

She would never have imagined him to be so meticulous and thoughtful.

"Prince Yu had also instructed me to inquire from you. Miss Linlang had always been weak since she was in her mother's womb. Subsequently, she thinks too much and worries too much. In addition, she injured herself recently and this caused her health to collapse."

In contrast, Miss Linlang must have been a lovely lady.

Otherwise, Steward Deng would not look so worried when he talked about her.

"In that case, this potent medicine may not be suitable for her. Baishao, go and get the hundred-herb pill for Miss Linlang."

After pondering for a while, Lin Mengya thought this milder medicine would be more suitable for someone with weak health.

"I suppose this is not suitable?"

Steward Deng stared at the delicate jade bottle with a narrow neck. Baishao had just brought it over and she was obviously unwilling to hand it over, probably because of how precious it was.

"The raw materials for this pill were actually rather easily available. Only the processing of it is extremely tedious. Since the Prince had delegated this task to me, I shall not let him down."

Lin Mengya suppressed the sadness and helplessness in her heart, as she forced herself to act with magnanimity.

He already had someone who had been by his side since young.

She, being a burden put on him, would one day have to pack up and leave.

Nevertheless, while she was still around now, she should do her best to help.

"That's good. Thank you, Princess, for making the effort."

Having gotten hold of the necessary medicine, Steward Deng left the room, all smiles on his face.