Chapter 99 [Yearning in the Absence of Each Other]

"Where... did you go just now?"

Lin Mengya put out her hand to pinch Qinghu's cheek to make sure that he was not just an illusion.

"Ouch! That's painful! I was right before you, just that you couldn't see me."

He tried to pull away Lin Mengya to protect his cheeks and then looked at her in pain as he explained what had happened to her.

"It was an illusion created by using a person's blind spot? I didn't expect that people in ancient times already knew how to make use of this principle."

All of a sudden Lin Mengya realized why the assassins of Peach Blossom Dock always appeared and retreated quickly.

Here in lay the secret.

"Oh, and after you were liberated from Peach Blossom Dock, what happened to the other assassins?"

Peach Blossom Dock had basically been set up by Qinghu.

Now that Qinghu had broken away from Peach Blossom Dock, but other killers might not have started anew.

"They had found a new leader for themselves. From the day I was captured, I had been a dead man in the eyes of everyone in Peach Blossom Dock."

A cold smile flashed across Qinghu's face at the mention of the place where he likened to purgatory.

The person behind the evil plan would never expect Lin Mengya to be able to detoxify such a unique poison.

His appearance and voice had changed drastically.

Even if he were to come across any of the assassins, they would definitely not recognize him.

The two continued chatting all the way back to Liuxin Courtyard.

Suddenly, a doubt arose in Lin Mengya's mind, and she asked with a soft voice,

"Do you still remember the circumstance under which we first met?"

The first time they met? Qinghu's lips curled up into an awkward smile as he thought about the deep impression that their first meeting had left in him.

"Of course I remember, lass, but there's something that I want to clarify, did you..."

"Of course not. The aroma you smelt that day was from barbecue pork."

Hearing what Lin Mengya said, Qinghu's expression was bizarre.

He forced a laugh and shook his head. He finally realized that he had been deceived by this lass right from the beginning.

He was very fortunate to be this state now.

"I remember asking who the owner of Peach Blossom Dock was, and who exactly the person that redeemed my life with money was?"

At this juncture, they were almost approaching Liuxin Courtyard.

Since Liuxin Courtyard was their territory, Qinghu had no qualms for giving an honest answer, after a pause, he replied,

"The owner of Peach Blossom Dock was the one who trained and nurtured us, but I don't know who he was, because he wore a mask all the time. Nevertheless, one thing I'm certain is that this person holds great power and status. He had in fact handed over to me the day-to-day running of the dock. However, he had personally told me the things regarding you."

Qinghu might have left Peach Blossom Dock and had been completely cut off from it.

However, Qinghu could not help but shudder at the mention of the master.