VIII

Too bad the camp counselors interrupted their encounter since Jeno was so close to kissing the older's lips.

Leaning away, he leads Renjun to the dock, hauling him up by the waist to help him get up and out of the water. Everybody else follows, getting scolded by the counselors that found them.

Jeno glanced over at Renjun who was smiling just a little bit.

His punishment would be so worth it, now that he had Renjun smiling instead of having that frown on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fuck this." Jeno sighed. He was so tired cleaning up after their camp lunch with most of the guys that jumped into the lake with him. He was appreciating all the chores his mom did at home, he even texted her about it.

jeno:
mom i love you and i will stop dirtying the dishes all the time and clean up after myself when i eat im so appreciative of you and will do whatever you ask.

mama_lee:
???
honey, are you okay?

He sighed and looked up, feeling a tap on his shoulder. Looking up a bit, he sees Renjun there in front of him with a smile.

"You look lost." The smaller boy said, a smile plastered on his face.

"Huh?" Jeno responds, causing Renjun to laugh.

"Exactly what I mean." Renjun giggled lightly, sitting on top of one of the tables as he just looked at Jeno. The taller was getting a bit uncomfortable since the prettiest boy he has ever met was staring into his soul.

"What are you gonna do now?" Jeno asked him, leaning on the table behind him.

"I'm not sure. It's not like we really have anything planned for today. It's just the first day, after all." Renjun sighed, a small pout gracing his features. Jeno stared a bit at his features, remembering that he was kind of dumb for trying to kiss him the day right after he met this boy. He literally knew nothing about him and his confident gay self popped out for a millisecond.

"True..." Jeno trailed off, head turning right to see the clock that was on the wall. He squinted a bit and sighed. It was only 12:30. He had too much free time on his hands.

"In that case," Renjun spoke. Jeno turned to see him, that soft and wide smile wiping off his used to be pout. "Let's get to know each other better."

Jeno was a little shocked, but he slowly smiled and nodded, standing up straight and having to look down slightly in order to be at eye-level with the boy.

"Did you shrink? I feel like you were taller..." Jeno trailed off, seeing the frown on his face. He got playfully hit on his shoulder, relieving him of the awkward atmosphere that once enveloped those two.

"Well, there's one thing you should know. Don't tease me about my height." Renjun pouted as they both walked side by side out to what was referred to as the "Commons". It was just where people would hang out if there were no events.

"Oh yeah?" Jeno asked. "How tall are you anyways? 5 feet?" He joked, making Renjun glare at him.

"Did you not listen to me just now?" Renjun pouted and hit Jeno's shoulder. The younger chuckled and led the other to where the garden was in the commons.