XIX

Jaemin's hands held his waist strongly, his head on the other's shoulder.

All Donghyuck could do, was pat Jaemin's head awkwardly, feeling him hold him tighter, arms trembling.

Jaemin felt his heartbeat speeding up at the realization of what was happening.

Maybe something good came out of this after all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two boys walked in the garden. Renjun's golden locks shining in the moonlight and Jeno's blonde undercut a little messy atop his head. They were both nervous.

Would this be the moment where Jeno came out? Or would Renjun say that the kiss meant nothing to him? There were too many questions.

They both arrived at the dock by the lake, going to sit on the edge and dip their feet in.

Renjun had to roll up his jeans, having trouble and having Jeno help him out. While Jeno rolled up his pants, Renjun bit his bottom lip from anxiety. He couldn't just confess to his crush perfunctorily. It was almost impossible.

Renjun only waited for Jeno to finish, seeing a smile directed at him. The older was shy to smile back, dipping his feet in the cool water. He hoped the silence wasn't perturbing Jeno at all. That was the last thing he wanted to do.

He wanted the latter to feel comfortable around him. Not awkward or uncomfortable at all. Renjun did have a crush on Jeno afterall.

If Jeno was that good of a kisser, he wanted to be showered in them. Jun was debating on whether he should just tackle the boy and kiss him again. Never would he have thought he would do that in his life.

Jeno was such a unique and idiosyncratic person that renjun didn't want to leave. In fact, he just wanted Jeno to be around in his life more. He wanted more of him.

"The stars are beautiful aren't they?" Jeno said, breaking the silence. His arms leaned behind him on the creaky wood of the dock. Renjun glanced at him, seeing how Jeno wasn't even staring at the stars, but staring directly at him.

"Y-yeah. I didn't know you were into astronomy." Renjun giggled at his attempt in trying to show off.

"Well, I don't know the stars off the top of my head, but I know some things." He chuckled.

"Do you now?" The shorter's eyebrow arched, waiting for a response.

"Well, I know that's Orion." Jeno pointed to the constelation in the sky, making Renjun smile. Jeno did know something, and he wasn't sure if he learned it because of him.

"What else do you know?" Renjun asked him.

"I know some stars shin brighter thank others." Jeno smiled, his attention redirecting to Renjun. "Just like you."

Renjun felt an ebullation of all kinds of emotions wash over him. He was so flustered and shy, yet happuy at the same time.

"C-Can I tell you something?" Jeno asked him. Renjun nodded, awaiting a response. "Well, I guess you might know this or might not. But Renjun," He held the other's small hands, looking at his face. "I'm gay and I like like you."