XXXVII

"Goodnight, baby. I'll see you tomorrow at school, okay?" Jeno asked him. Renjun nodded and smiled, bringing him in one last time to kiss him. Jeno smiled against his lips, pulling away soon after.

"I love you, Lee Jeno." Jeno rested his forehead against Renjun's seeing the shorter look down and then close his eyes.

"I love you too, Lee Renjun." Jeno joked around.

"My last name's not Lee, it's Huang." Renjun giggled. Jeno brought their lips together in a quick peck, smiling cheekily afterwards.

"Not for long it won't."

"Jeno!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh I forgot how annoying it is to wake up for school." Jeno sighed, walking down the stairs with puffy eyes. He barely slept a wink last night, too happy inside after his date with Renjun. He kept thinking about the boy, calling him late at night and talking with him until he fell asleep at around 2 am. Today he had to wake up at 5:30 am to get ready for school before the bus would pick him up. On the bright side, he would see Jisung this morning on the bus. The two were one of the first stops, securing them a seat in the back together before the annoying kids would get on.

"You'll be fine, honey." His mom laughed at him. "Besides, you look great and I'm sure you'll be happy once you see your boyfriend this morning."

"You know me too well, mom." Jeno chuckled, giving his mom a kiss on the cheek. He grabs a mug, serving himself a bit of coffee just to wake up. He wasn't a coffee lover like Jaemin, though it looked like he drank the souls of the dead rather than coffee. He gulped the hot liquid quickly, going to sit down with his mom for breakfast.

He knew a lot of people made breakfast a thing where they just grabbed something and left. He always woke up at 5:30 and was ready at 6 to have breakfast with his mom until around 6:30 when the bus would arrive. He had everything packed and ready in his bag, waiting at the front door with his shoes next to it.

He sat down, having a wonderful time with his mother. They ate the wonderful food she had prepared that morning, seeing the sun rise from their nearby window. It felt nice to do these small little things after a while. It seemed like forever since Jeno got to sit down with his mom and just eat some nice homemade breakfast while the sun rose.

"When you bring Renjun over and if he sleeps over, we'll need to take out the other chair we use for when Johnny's here." His mother giggled, taking a bit of the warm breakfast that was still steaming on her plate. Jeno smiled, fork still in his mouth. He was glad his mom thought about that. It meant that she really accepted him and Renjun.

"I'm surprised you even said that. I imagined I would be the one to ask you if he could sleep over here sometime." Jeno's grin was big and childish, giving him a carefree vibe.

"Well he's pretty cute. I never would have thought you would take an interest in boys like him." His mom chuckled.

"What do you mean?" Jeno asked confused.

"Well, fist of all, I knew you liked boys, I was just waiting for you to come out." His mom giggled. Jeno laughed a bit at that and saw his mom take a sip of her water. "Second of all, Renjun is very nice and gentle. I would have imagined you would like somebody more extroverted like Jaemin or Donghyuck."

"Nah, it's a pain in the ass to be around them for too long. Which, by the way. Jaemin and Hyuck started going out as well." Jeno's mom hummed and scoffed a laugh afterwards.

"Not surprised." She smiled. Jeno had gotten up to put both of their dishes in the sink and walked over to the front door to put on his shoes.

"I'll see you later, mom. Bye." He gave her on elast kiss on the cheek, slipping on his bag ariund his shoulders. He could see the bright light of the bus headlights from down his street. He grabbed the other set of house keys, shoving them in his pants pocket and waiting for the bus to arrive quickly.