II: Well, they're both amazing.

A week passed, Rachel made the team. Alex, on the other hand, well, let's just say he made a new friend, an annoying one, but still a friend.

He avoided her yesterday. He felt a bit bad, seeing her sit in front of his locker like he usually did then standing up to brood about what was wrong with him. He could tell, let me rephrase that, anybody passing by could tell she was worried.

He felt she was acting dramatic but it was too late to approach her, instead, he sat in his new spot and watched as she paced around the spot until the bell rang.

Today, he decided to sit there and wait for her to sit with him, he even brought her lunch, not as an apology gift he just felt bad for making her worry yesterday and decided to at least be nice like a normal person.

Seconds passed, scratch that, minutes passed, she didn't show up, Today was his turn to worry though he was not overdramatic about it, he was still worried and a bit disappointed she gave up on talking to him after not seeing him for a day.

The bell rang sooner than expected, he thought about waiting for a while but decided otherwise.

~•~

She skipped school today, she had a rally to join. She was going to tell Alex yesterday but he didn't show up for lunch. She had a feeling he avoided her yesterday. She had seen the back of his head in history class after break but she didn't want to jump into conclusion, so she let it slide and gave him the space she supposed he wanted.

Today was not about Alex, today was about the rally. The speaker stepped on the stage to talk about the purpose of the rally and what they can do to change things. He talked on and on about it.

She was standing for an hour or so until she got a call from Alice telling her she was late for practice. As Alice rambled about how irresponsible she was whilst suggesting she quits the team. Rachel struggled through the crowd trying to get out of the rally and yelling ' I'm sorry ' on the phone.

She took the first cab she saw and rushed into the school. Whilst she was running she tripped on her sneaker's lace. She bent to lace it quickly more like tye it as fast as she could. As she stood she saw Alex waving at her, she waved back quickly then ran past him.

She opened the door to the gym and met angry stares from the stretching cheerleaders. She bowed her head and dropped her purse muttering ' I'm sorry' as she passed them to start stretching.

"Are you really going to stretch in that?" One of the cheerleaders said eying her outfit. Honestly, she couldn't blame the cheerleader, she was right. She was wearing leggings that looked like jeans and top with a jacket.

She pulled off her jacket and proceeded to the stretch.

"Really? In that? What difference does it make if you pull the jacket?" Another cheerleader interrupted her midway again.

"The jeans is stretchable. I was absent today and didn't pack anything for practice. I'm just trying to work with what I have." Rachel said standing up.

"Why were you absent? You are not a senior yet and you're already ditching." The first cheerleader said. Rachel remained silent and bowed her head trying to keep her cool.

"She asked why you were absent Bianca." Another cheerleader said with a raised brow.

Ignoring the wrong choice of name, she muttered "it's personal."

"Of course it is." The first cheerleader said rolling her eyes. "Is this what we're going to work with this year?" She said turning to Alice.

"Maybe you should sit today's practice out," Alice said walking past her as she led the team to the other side of the gym. The cheerleaders walked past her and the last two bumped shoulders with her.

She picked her jacket and purse and stormed out of the gym. Alex apparently waited for her. He must have heard what happened in the gym.

He asked if she was alright immediately she came out.

"I'm not in the mood, Alex." She said walking past him.

He said nothing and walked with her till they got to where they usually pathways. She muttered ' bye ' but he ignored her and continued walking with her. She didn't say anything she was not in the mood to talk neither did he. They walked in silence till she got to the front of her house.

She finally looked at him and said ' thank you ' with a strained smile.

He smiled and turned to leave.

"Hey, Bye have you ever been in a situation where you had to choose between two things you loved doing? Nah, forget about it. I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked giving him a smile.

"Yes." He said smiling ignoring her first question cause he had no true answer to that.

"Ok. Bye and thanks." She said offering a real smile this time.

Update!! Hey guys, I changed the name of the book to "From the perspective of a player". Well, you've probably seen it I'm just excited ☺️. I've actually been thinking about it for a while and decided to actually go for it. Do you like my new cover?

What do you think of this chapter? Was it bad or good or average?

Song of the week: Count on me by Bruno Mars

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

This is probably my longest Author's note for now 😂😂. Byee