6- Family plus Ex = Headache

He was still angry when he got home. He thought the long drive from Fee's to his house would calm him down, he was wrong.

She couldn't even look at his face when she said yes. She looked at the table said yes and walked out, no goodbye.

He had no idea what pissed him off more, the fact that she lied about loving a new kid she met in summer school or the fact she couldn't tell him whatever she was hiding. They were close friends, he knew she didn't have cancer or any weird diseases. Their parents were doctors and worked in the same hospital, if anything was happening, his mom would give him weirder or pitiful looks, might even taunt him way more than Sophie is.

He made a sharp turn into the garage almost hitting an unfamiliar car. He stepped out of his car to check if any damage was done. He was definitely sure this was not his dad's new car, if his dad was coming back from his business trip, his mum would be home cooking all day to welcome him.

He walked into the house careful not making any sounds, for all he knew they might be robbers in the house. He took an umbrella from the umbrella stand near the front door and did the mini tiptoe dance into the living room. He heard TV sounds and calmed down, maybe he was being overdramatic, he peeped from the wall separating the kitchen from the living room.

He saw Jade sitting on the edge of her seat, as if dying to get out and Sophie, who stretched her legs on the table she dragged towards her chair, eating the rice on her lap. He dropped the umbrella near the wall and combed his hair with his right-hand fingers and walked into the living room, stealing a spoon of Sophie's rice before spitting out and started choking, Jade rushed to his side and started beating his back hoping he was going to spit out whatever he choking on. Sophie, his ever-loving sister, threw a bottle at his face and said, "Oh my words, can you stop making noise? I've not seen this episode before." He drank the water carefully, trying not to choke on that too. When he finished downing the liquid.

"What were you doing?" He turned to Jade laughing.

"Patting your back?" Sophie said making the two siblings laugh till they got tired. Jade didn't find it funny, crossed her hand and glared at Dre.

"What the hell are you eating, Sophie?" He said sitting next to her, trying to pick another spoon but he knew better.

"What's wrong with it?" She asked taking her eyes off the screen to glare at him.

"What's not wrong with it?" He started saying, "I thought it was rice but it is too-"

"It is rice! Here taste it." She cut him off picking a spoon, trying to feed him.

"No thank you, that way too soft to be called rice, and honestly it tastes like you added more salt than rice."

"First of all, I blended the rice and it is supposed to taste like that." She replied not taking her eyes off the TV.

"Why, in your right senses, would you blend rice?!" He stood up abruptly.

"Wait, please tell me you blended the rice before you cooked it." He said looking at his sister who paused the TV to look at him with pouty eyes.

"Oh come on!" He yelled causing Jade to flinch and Sophie to look at him with a guilt-filled look.

He marched to the kitchen and saw the mess she made. He went back to the sitting room and dragged her to the kitchen.

"You're cleaning this up and I'm watching you." He said to Sophie.

"Jade." He called out going back to the sitting room.

"I'm sorry but can we do this tomorrow?" He asked looking frustrated with his fingers in his hair.

"Tomorrow is Saturday." She said crossing her arms.