V: Apologies

The side effect to most arguments is probably the silent treatment that comes after all the possible yelling.

To Alex, Rachel should be declared a queen when it comes to giving silent treatments. She ignored his entire existence, it was like they never met and she was doing just fine which was quite the opposite for Alex. It has been three days since the class drama and she still refused to talk to him. Although he didn't try to talk to her, he had no idea how to, to him, that was totally normal, he was not a talkative but she was, he never thought she could go a day without intentionally talking to someone, him, talk more of three days.

"Alexandre! Please put your game down and help me!" He heard his mum yell as he snapped out of his thoughts, the other players killed his character anyway. He stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen slowly.

"Why can't Sophie help?" He said as he sat on one of the dining seat.

"Your sister is eight Andre."

"She's a girl," he said shrugging and picking an apple from the middle of the table, "she needs to start learning now. She's going to get married one day." He said as bit the apple, earning a glare from his mum.

"Wash the rice cooker and spoon, mix the butter and sugar first," She said ignoring his comment. He stood up and walked to the sink grumbling.

"Are you ok?" His mum asked after awhile. He raised his brows in response, as if asking why she asked.

"Well, you are acting like, you know, not my little cute Andre." She said pinching his cheeks with flour in her hands.

"Ew, please don't do that mum." He said moving his face from her hands.

"But you're just so cute." She said half pouting.

"Gross." He said moving back with furrowed brows.

"So do you want to tell me what's going on? Is it about the biology teacher? I thought we agreed you'll participate in the next class and try to get a better grade?" She asked looking at him with concern. He remembered when she came to pick him from school, she asked the teacher if he could add other punishments to his detention. She then proceeded to give him an earful when they got home, he had never seen her so infuriated.

"No, nothing is wrong mum. I'm serious." He said smiling and whisking the butter and sugar.

"What's wrong then? Don't tell me you yelled at your teacher again." She asked and he shook his head.

"Alexandre Zack Brown!"

"I did not mum, I literally just did this," he said, shaking his head to show her what he did earlier.

"I had no idea your mouth was hurting." She said eyeing him.
He ignored her and continued mixing, he looked up and saw her still glaring at him, he looked away and continued what he was doing.

"Wait! Is this about a girl?" She said moving closer to him a minute later.

"I think I'm done here." He said rinsing his hands and heading towards the stairs.

"Tell your sister, I'm baking!" She shouted.

He got to his room, forgetting to tell his sister their mum was baking. He laid on his bed, looking at the ceiling, he had no idea why the fact that she was not talking to him was affecting him like this. A few weeks back, he was regretting stretching his legs in the hallway, avoiding her and hoping she'll walk away, and here he was.

He knew he had to fix things, it was taking longer than he thought. He got up from his bed and rushed downstairs.

"Mum, I'm going to the opposite street, it's not that far." He announced rushing towards the door with shoes in his hand.