0-Prologue

First love, they say, is hard to forget. Hard to get over. According to research, most men are lost after their first heartbreak, some tend to stay in the pit of depression for years. Love is special but first love is different. To use the word special for it is an understatement, first love opens you to a world of bliss, introduces you to feelings you never knew you had. The extent you never thought you would ever reach. At that point, I guess one can say you're whipped.

Now picture walking in on your first girlfriend, whom if I may add, you've been dating for two years, kissing a guy who has barely spent a week at your school. Harsh. Isn't it?

Picture breaking up with her and still seeing her, looking as beautiful as ever, roaming around the school with the guy you caught her with. Even harsher. Right?

The best part of it all is that she's too nice to cheat and now you're a player and you're not allowed to grief because you're a man. Isn't life freaking perfect?

Alexandre glared at her back as he angrily chomped his pizza. He watched her hand slap his back playfully, he was thankful the cafeteria was loud. He doubt he could bear the pain of listening to her sinful laughter.

"I bet he can play her," Ray's voice snapped him out his glare. He followed Ray's eyes and stared at the new girl who was trying to find a seat in the bustling cafeteria.

"I mean he played the hottest girl in school," Ray chuckled at the rumor that spread faster than a fire in a haystack making Max and Alexandre roll their eyes. Max slapped Ray's head, telling him to focus on his food and stop spewing out nonsense.

Tuning his friends out, he continued staring at her. Her head was now resting on her new boyfriend's right shoulder. The audacity, he thought, it hasn't been a year since they broke up, and here she was, openly flirting with another guy.

His left fingers folded, forming a fist as he continued glaring at her back. She turned around, it was like she felt someone looking at her. She met his gaze, he refused to cower in shame as he took a bite from his pizza slice and continued glaring at her. She averted her gaze, moving slightly away from her boyfriend.

Andre rolled his eyes at the change before turning to Ray, "what do I get when I win this bet?"

"What do you mean when? You're not considering this childish dare, are you?" Max voiced in disbelief.

"How about I take your new car for a spin?" Alexandre ignored Max's question causing Max's hazel eyes to glare at him.

"What if you lose?" Ray asked clutching his car keys to himself.

"I won't lose." He stared at Rachel's brown hair. If nothing, he needed to get her off his mind and this was probably the closest opportunity he had.

"I hate to be a party bummer--"

"You're always a party bummer," Andre and Ray interrupted.

"--but, you have like three girlfriends," Max pointed out the obvious fact known to only the three of them.

"We're not dating. I know that and they know that," Max shut his eyes at Andre's reply before smacking his head.

"Technically, he's right. They've never been on dates or anything, it's more of a friends with benefits situation." Ray defended him as the both of them shared a smile.

"My best friends are idiots." With that, Max stood up from their table and walked out of the cafeteria.

"So deal?" Andre stretched his right palm out after watching Max leave the cafeteria.

"Deal. I hope you lose."

𑁍⁂𑁍

𝔄𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯'𝔰 𝔑𝔬𝔱𝔢:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. A vote, comment, and constructive criticism is always ok.

Thanks for reading 💜

Song of the chapter: Boys need love 2 by Trevor Jackson.