89••🌙WHEN SHE'S GONE

[WHEN SHE'S GONE]

I have a wife.

Her name is Micah Angeline.

She's sweet, bubbly and loving pero para sa akin hindi sapat iyon.

I needed something more than what my wife can give.

I wanted a child, and she can't have one.

Madalas kaming mag away, lalo na kung uuwi ako ng gabi.

Kung amoy alak ako.

O kung hindi ko siya sinasabayan sa pagkain.

Little did I know na unti unting nawawala ang pagmamahal ko sa kanya.

I cheated, had an affair but I found someone better than Micah.

And so, I decided to have us divorced.

Expected naman nang tumanggi siya but when she found out about my affair.

She resented me but I couldn't care less. I'm more concerned about my love.

Heaven is sick. She's sick and needs to undergo surgery. Ayaw ko siyang iwan, she needs me most and I'm saying no matter what happens. I'm staying eventhough her heart is weak.

Weeks din ang nakalipas until we had our final hearing about our divorce pero wala siya.

Nanibago ako, she haven't missed a hearing, asan na siya? "Attorney, where's Micah?"

Tinitigan lang ako ng attorney na kapatid rin ni Micah as if I'm air and she can't see me.

"May nangyari ba sa kanya? Is she hurt? Is she sick---" nagulat ako nang biglang dumapo sa mukha ko ang kamay ng attorney ni Micah. She slapped me hard.

"What the hell?! Chester, you filed this divorce and you're here concerned about your soon to be ex-wife's well being?!"

"Pero Attorney, minahal ko rin naman siya. I loved her and I'm just concern---"

Luckily the judge is not around.

"Love? Chester, ang tunay na nagmamahal hindi nanloloko."

"Hindi ko siya niloko, nagmahal lang ako. Hindi ko naman ginustong magmahal ng iba." and she once again slapped me.

"Ginusto mo yun, nanloko ka nga diba? Yes, let's say You fell in love with someone else but loving another woman when you already have yours is absurd! And--and don't you dare say that Love gives us choices. Yes love does give us choices but cheating is not a choice, it's not an option it's your decision!"

"Teka nga! I'm asking for Micah not for some bullshits!" I saw how the attorney's eyes became teary.

"Nasa ospital, she made a decision. By now she's probably in the cold operating room." she's sick? Micah's sick?

"Don't look at me, go visit that woman you oath to love in front of God but broke your promise." hindi ko alam but I saw myself driving papunta sa ospital kung nasaan si Heaven. It took me a few hours dahil sa traffic but I still managed to arrive.

Once I entered her floor, I saw nurses in her room.

Umiiyak siya at mas lalong naiyak nang makita ako. I didn't visit her yesterday and instead of seeing happiness she shed sorrow.

"Love?" Lumapit ako but she spoke.

"You don't love me." ano? "You just stayed dahil naaawa ka sakin."

I stared at her, and she's right. Naaawa lang ako sa kanya. Who I truly love is Micah and it's a sin to have hurt her.

"She gave me her heart. She gave me her heart b-because she knew she loved you w-with all her heart and she w-wants me to do the same to you." para akong nabibingi sa lahat ng sinasabi ni Heaven. "I-I'll love you Chester. I'll love you with all of Micah's heart."

Napaluhod ako. Why do I get to understand everything now that she's gone? Why Micah?

[🤐]