XVI - The King's Joy

It's a boy... It's a boy!" One of the servants shouted in sheer excitement when she stepped out of the Queen's chamber.

The news spread like wildfire throughout the palace, reaching everyone's ears and filling the place with joy and hope.

The child was placed beside the mother. She looked at him with affectionate eyes and embraced him to bring him closer to the warmth of her body. Her happiness was so intense that she couldn't take her eyes off of the baby.

"You have brought immense joy to our lives, dear son! I'll take care of you forever! Your father will be very proud to see you."

As soon as the King received the news, he ran to check if his dream had really come true. Exultant, he opened the doors. The midwives and everyone else present in the room kneeled before his presence. He raised his hand, and everyone left the room. Then, he approached his Queen and stared amorously at Philip.

"My love, our son is born and he is healthy. A boy, like you've always dreamed of. I am glad for I have given you a male son, my dear, and for bringing joy to your heart," said the Queen, radiant.

"My dear wife, I always knew, since the first time that I saw you, that you would bless my kingdom. That's the reason why I have chosen you to be my Queen."

"How shall we name him, dear husband? A name repeats in my mind incessantly."

"What is it?"

"Philip!"

"What a wonderful name! Fit for a prince, indeed."

The King was radiant like the Sun, and the Queen emanated happiness for the well succeeded delivery.

Meanwhile, the mage was back on the Dark Forest with the dead child's body, in mourn. His animal friends were silently waiting for Juan to bury that life so prematurely ended. They were in front of a leafy tree, in the middle of the woods. There, the funeral ceremony took place, and he laid the princess for her eternal rest, surrounded by delicate flowers.

"May the Gods guide you on the path to paradise!" The wizard said goodbye with saddened eyes.

Now that the boy was safe, Juan needed to find a way to protect himself against the enemies that were to come: Klaus and his hideous creature.

Nobody would know the truth about Philip's whereabouts but the mage.

As soon as he could, he returned to the cabin. He had to figure out how to defend himself from Klaus and his dark servant. He placed Agathor's staff and the silver Nordic sword near to him. He then asked his friends to keep watch because he needed to get some sleep. The wizard was exhausted because of everything that had happened that day. He needed to recover his strengths for the hard battle that was to come. He was old, his bones were like dry branches, but the will to protect the prince was like fuel to his soul.

_________________________________

The Phantom Man 2 - The Book of the Dead