chapter 4. The Guardians

After Kristoff pulled her aside and explained everything to her personally about what was the attack about and how did it happened, she carefully chose her words and summarized what Kristoff just told her while her eyes narrowed and looked towards the group of strangers who had currently set foot in her castle.

"...So you're saying that the attack happened in Arendelle just now was caused by the Boogeyman? You mean he's literally real?" Although you can say for sure she absolutely trusts Kristoff under any circumstances, but there still might be a chance that things were misleading to him, considering all of these that just happened were way out of ordinary. 

"Yes, and he might come back again for another attack." As Kristoff said, he motioned towards the guardians standing aside, four pairs of eyes watching curiously at them as their conversation carries on. "And these people that I brought here, were the ones that saved us during the attack. In fact, they're the ones who told me about the Boogeyman and stuff, they can help us stop the second potential attack that may come to happened." He whispered to her, lowering his head beside Anna's ear, not wishing the others to hear it.

"And," Kristoff stopped for a moment or two and cleared his throat, saying his next words loud and clear for everyone to hear, "they would like to meet Your Majesty to discuss about the attack happened just now."

Jack was the first that didn't hold back his chuckles, but then he quickly switched back to his serious face expressions and nodded quietly. Anna's frowned brows relaxed a little though still looked a bit unsure about all of this, but she didn't reject their request, instead, she nodded back silently, and said with a soft voice, "well then we may as well go to the council chamber and discuss about this. Follow me."

The group was led into the castle by none other than the Queen of Arendelle herself, Olaf that has already fallen asleep on Sven's back was carried back to his room by one of the servants under Anna's order while Sven was brought back to the stable. The interior of the castle was massive, many candelabras were hung on the walls along with some very old paintings. No one said anything on the way to the chamber, the whole castle was still silent except for the sound of their uneven footsteps echoing in the hall. The queen led them towards a staircase which was spiraling down from above, several suits of armors were placed before the staircase which led to Jack's curiosity to be explored deeper. 

Arendelle, this kingdom they has encountered in a whole unknown world, was old and ancient. They didn't have any technology to support their life like people in the world they belong to, but despise that, people here hold on to something they didn't, it's like a faith in them that they have entrusted long ago, they believed in something. This is a feeling that was way too familiar to him, as a guardian, a spirit that was also trusted by a small amount of people in his world, for now. Jamie was one. He recalled what he saw during the attack, people were panicking, right, but there's this spark he saw in people's eyes, even if the nightmares tried to vanquish their hopes, they still held on to something, someone — as a belief. 

But who was that? Or what was that? That's what they need to find out. And Jack was certain North sensed it too, maybe something to do with the wind spirit as they were told by this blonde young man. 

As they entered the chamber, the servant that followed them all the way, holding a a dim lamp silently bowed to the queen and lord before she left and shut the door tight. Queen Anna motioned the others to sit while she walked towards the end of the table which was placed nicely with a series of chairs, "have a seat, everyone." After aiding Anna sit at the end of the table as a symbol of possessing the highest authority of them all, Kristoff simply sat beside her. The guardians too found themselves each a seat on both sides of the table. North and Bunny sat beside Kristoff while Tooth and Jack sat opposite them.