chapter 9. Princess Elsa

As the burning house was about to crash down, Jack lifted his staff and stroke towards it. Instantly, a blizzard of ice shot out from his staff and as it froze right before the falling house, it held onto the house, stopping it from crashing on the people in front of it. 

"Jack, give me a hand!" Jack heard North's voice sounded from the back of him, he turned and saw dark sand were surrounding him, almost forming an absolute layer that was going to trap him in completely. He quickly hit it with ice, it tried to resist but alas couldn't hold on anymore and was turned into ice completely, with a wave of his staff, the ice then thawed into water and evaporated in mid air. 

"Thanks yeah. Now for the real deal." As North finally broke free from the sand storm, he shook his head a bit, and took out both of his sword and started to slice through dark sand, ruining its original structure by destroying the sand cloud part by part.

"Move inside the castle! Now!" Bunny yelled at the terrified crowd as he hit another bolt of lightning with his boomerang, taking down another strike. 

North could almost foresee the kingdom burning into ashes, bit by bit, and soon, this land will be nothing but wreckage if Pitch Black held no mercy nor intend to bargain with them. 

People screaming as they scrammed out of their houses, children crying aloud while running and stumbled on the way to the castle, women sobbing, piercing cries were heard as he come across every family fleeing away, desperate for their family's safety. Though he tries his best to stop any attacks that were lead to harming the innocent people, he couldn't save all of them.

He see no hope in Arendelle. What would become of him, when even a spirit doesn't hold on to hope? 

But wait... His lips were quivering, a thought too bold to come true took place in his mind within a few seconds. He couldn't believe he was actually hoping this could happen to them at that very moment. His thoughts were wandering eagerly through his memories that could trace back to a few centuries ago, only to seek for that one moment in his life. Images were flashing before his eyes, as he searched beyond his memories.

"Look out!" He didn't saw the attack that was heading from his back, at the very last moment when he was near to his own doom, Jack from not afar noticed it and immediately stroke a dash of ice and froze the sand cloud only an inch away from North. "You gotta stay focus, North!"

"Jack, there might be a way to put on a stop to all this!" North didn't reply Jack's frustrated comment. Instead, he turned to him and the stern face on North's face startled Jack. 

"Well if you have a better idea than seeking our own death by taking all these attacks all by ourselves, then you better spit it out now!" He yelled while shooting another nightmare with a blizzard, freezing them right on the spot, his voice was almost covered completely by the storm's rumbling  thunder, but luckily, North could still understood him. 

And as he sliced through another sand formation, he shouted out to the others, "Bunny, Tooth! Listen up! I have a plan! We are going to— "

"North!" There was a feminine voice that made through all the loud powdering thunders, Jack swiftly turned and immediately noticed the Queen was approaching them through the strong swirling wind, a bolt of thunder almost strike her but she somehow managed to dodged away from it by ducking her head, and the thunder stroke right on another house and set it on flames.

"Go inside the castle! Kristoff and I will call for help!"

It was then, a nightmare that took the form of a horse emerged from the hovering sand cloud above them and was now darting towards their direction. The Guardians were standing too far from the Queen, they couldn't possibly do anything to defend the Queen from the nightmare.