chapter 7. Fear

"Your Majesty, what may be the cause of such big commotion last night? Was that the reason you called for this meeting in such haste? " General Mattias's concern was visibly shown as his brows curved to a deep frown.  

"Yes, it's regarding last night's attack." Queen Anna slowly turned around and was finally standing face to face in front of him, behind her hung a map that covered most of the countries that was near Arendelle and of course, Arendelle was in the center of the whole map. This was an old map inherited through generations since a few decades ago, but she had actually ordered a new map to be done by adding the enchanted forest on it, located just near to Arendelle.

"Could it be from the Southern Isles? I've heard that one of their princes tried to take over Arendelle before and I would never tolerate that, Your Majesty, if you need me on the battle field against ..." Before she could even say another word, he suddenly raised up his voice in anger, eyes narrowed to look at the Southern Isles part on the map, and snorted in disdain. 

"Now now just hold on for a moment, it's definitely not the Southern Isles, I can assure you that. The attack that happened this time wasn't even between human." The Queen of Arendelle took a deep breath before letting her words being filled into the silence between them, "it's from a spiritual being who is very powerful and might do anything to destroy every inch of this world." 

"What do you mean by it, Your Majesty?" As the general questioned her words, his brows furrowed even harder than before, he slightly squinted his eyes as curiosity and unfathomable emotions whirled wildly between thoughts in his mind. 

Just when she's about to open her mouth again and inform him about this devastating news, a few door knocks were heard by both of them, as a female's voice sounded from the other side of the door, slightly startling her. But she was expecting it anyway.

"Your Majesty, the guests are here." 

Anna cast a him a serious gaze before answering to it, "bring them in." 

As the door was slowly pulled opened, the servant lowered her head while standing aside the entrance, and a second later, uneven footsteps were heard as the guests sworn into the chamber. 

It was a group of very, very odd looking peoples he would say. 

General Mattias was unlike those youngsters who are still unfamiliar of this world and longed for an adventure in hidden maps or yearned to solve mysteries set in places unknown, he was experienced, and very much familiar with the order of this world, where nature and human never really got along well, that's why he valued the union of nature and human a lot since the fifth spirit freed him from a prison made of mist. He had witnessed many unusual and extraordinary things in life, magic, spirits, giants, trolls...you name it, all these mythical creatures scared him at first but he managed to accept the fact that human is not the only one that set foot on this land. Despite all these, the scene that came into sight was still not a scene you could see in the normal days — a huge bunny standing aside to another tall, rugged face man and beside him stood a creature with feathers covering her slim body except the face, a pair of wings were fluttering behind her in a rapid speed. She was humming a little tune while entering as she followed behind the huge-sized bunny. The man didn't say a word but his face that was half obscured by his long white beard appeared with a stern expression. 

His left arm moved to the front of his chest, while his left hand quickly moved to hold the hilt of his sword that was placed in a red scabbard attached on his waist. He blinked a few times until he was fully aware that he's not the one having hallucinations in the dawn of the day. His body remained in his defense position when he finally opened his mouth again.