chapter 10. The Fifth Spirit

North's murmurs passed his ears but Jack didn't really paid attention to what he was trying to say, all of his attention was focused on the blonde woman from not afar, the one that was too, staring into his very own eyes. 

Click. 

Something odd just stirred up all his emotions and thoughts together, he was overwhelmed by this odd kind of emotion he was sensing right now. He felt an unjustifiable connection, that he shared specifically with the woman that was glaring at him.

"Who is she?"

"No idea, she just came out of nowhere and puff, nightmares eliminated, kingdom saved. None of our business now." Bunny huffed as he narrowed his eyes and set his gaze upon the two woman not afar but Jack immediately understood his undesired mood. 

"Can we please note that she is not just any ordinary human, she holds on to a strong force, her powers were almost inhuman like."As Tooth hurried towards their direction, her brows slightly frowned, unlike North's deep frowns. Her wings fluttered nervously behind her back as her back. The other tooth fairies were too, flying high and low around her.

Well then maybe she isn't. Now that could explain everything. Jack's eyebrows were raised slightly, a thoughtful look appeared on his face. 

"North?" Bunny was the first to notice North's bewildered look, "you okay there mate? Something wrong about that girl?"

"No, no, nothing's wrong about her, it's just... No, no, no, that was just too bold to think of it."

"Okay North, what's all these blabbering about?" As Jack finally tore his gaze away from the blonde lady and the Queen, he asked with his shoulders slumped slightly, his chin was resting on both his hands that were set on his staff. 

"Well, it's just merely an assumption. I have yet to find any hard evidence that could prove it's validity..." His voice that firstly sounded uncertain slowly drifted away as he deepen his frown, the corner of his eyes caught something moving, and it's moving fast. At that instant, North pulled out his sword and turned to face that moving object, his stern face appeared as his sword quickly shifted against the unknown object. The other guardians were also surprised by his sudden movement but quickly understood as they sensed something approaching them fast. 

Just as he was about to slice that moving object into two, his eyes could finally reflect the true appearance of it, and North abruptly ceased his attacking move. 

It was a cloud of sand, only this time, it was made of gold sand.

It's Sandy, he's sending a message to them. After he volunteered to leave and observe Pitch Black's every move and attacks he planned, he hasn't even sent one message to the rest, even after the first attack they've confronted. He could sense something was going wrong on Sandy's side but he couldn't really speculate what exactly happened since Sandy didn't send a word to them after they parted on the the night they fell on the snow mountain and landed on this unknown piece of land. 

But now, there it was — Sandy's finally sent a message to them. 

Then it must be important, and urgent. All North knew was that Sandy might need their help.

As the sand cloud approached the Guardians, Jack saw it too, and his bright blue eyes widen in astonishment. The gold cloud arose from the horizon and floated above them all, and soon emerged into four crystal symbols lined linearly beside each other. 

It was exactly the same as the one Manny showed him the night before the second attack. But what did he and Sandy really meant? Their conversation about this was interrupted abruptly just before the attack stroke.