2019 Christmas Special

Christmas One-Shot

— E L L I E —

"What are those?"

"Christmas decorations."

"What are those?"

"Christmas lights."

"What are those?"

"Christmas tinsel."

"What are tho—mmpf!" His sentence is cut off as I throw a cushion at him. He catches the cushion as it falls to the ground, his nose crinkling up and lips puffing up into a pout.

"What was that for?"

"Being an ass."

Eric huffs, laying a hand delicately on his chest. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I was merely asking you what idiocy is decorating my lounge floor."

"Our lounge floor." I remind him. "And don't play coy, you know exactly what is on the lounge floor. You are a fool if you don't know what Christmas decorations look like."

"Ass? Fool?" Eric clicks his tongue, shaking his head. "You've been hanging around Jasmine for too long, Bambi. Your language is just foul."

I give him a dry look. Another cushion launches itself at him. Eric yelps and ducks out of the way.

"Ellie!"

"What? Am I being foul?" I ask with a simperingly sweet smile. His eyes narrow. I point to the door. "You poor boy. Why don't you go and bring in the tree to escape my utter witchiness?"

"And what if I don't?"

My eyes narrow ever so slightly.

"Oh, no no no." Eric points his finger at me. "Don't you dare. You are supposed to use your Satanic powers for good, not to bully your boyfriend."

"And you are supposed to be a good boyfriend, not a soulless fiend."

"Your words hurt more than bullets, Bambi." Eric lays a hand on his chest, feigning hurt. "You know, I am so hurt right now that I don't think I can help you at all with your little decoration project. I fear I will be too busy licking my wounds."

"You weren't helping to begin with!" I exclaim, laughing. Eric sticks his nose up in the air and huffs, stomping away. "Can you at least bring me a rubbish bag for all the plastic casings?"

No answer.

"That man is more petulant than my mother." I mutter, shaking my head. I give up on my Christmas tree making an appearance and instead return to my task at hand: unpacking all my brand new Christmas decorations. Smiling to myself, I lay out the last string of golden tinsel on the floor, perfectly perpendicular to its five other red, green and golden siblings, and stand back. I place my hands on my hips and survey my work.

"Good." I murmur. "It is all in order."

"Are you sure you don't have OCD?" A silky voice whispers in my ear, two arms slinking around my waist. I squeak, jumping about a mile into the air. A chuckle rumbles through Eric's chest. I whirl around in his arms to see him grinning rakishly at me. "I don't think I've ever seen my floor looking that festive."

"Our floor." I remind him. "Or have you already forgotten that we agreed to buy this house together?"

"Bambi, I think we can safely assume from the decor alone that this is not just my house." Eric replies wryly. He bends down to pick the cushion I'd thrown earlier off the floor and hits me softly over the head with it. "I mean, have you seen this pillow? This shade of purple is nowhere near as manly as the colour I would have picked."