Hurtful

He was sitting at the base of a large tree. It was an odd tree actually. It bore two different colored fruits, one a bright gold color and another a deep midnight black.

He felt a pang of guilt as he looked up at the peaceful fruits that almost glowed in the shining sun.

"What are you doing here?" Snapped a bright voice.

He turned to it, seeing the Guardian he betrayed.

They didn't look happy... A crack along one side of their skull.

He gulped, fear now pooling in his gut.

"I'm looking at the fruit..." He whispered, slowly standing up.

The Guardian sneered at him, their cheery eyes darkening with anger.

"Looking at the fruit you nearly destroyed? The fruit you believed you deserved!" They shouted.

He backed away, his hands raised to defend himself.

"N-No! I-I don't deserve them! I know that now!"  He cried, his breathing coming out in heavy pants.

The Guardian scoffed, narrowing their eyes.

"You liar. You think you deserve the world! The love and forgiveness of others!" They summoned their weapon, a deadly weapon. "You're still that selfish twat that sealed me in stone!"

He shook his head, backing up more.

"N-No! I-I pr-promise! I l-learned my mi-mistake!" He sobbed lightly, tears falling from his soft eyes.

The warrior in front of him scoffed again, lunging at the powerless creature before them.

Their weapon's tip shattered his bones, going through his unprotective clothes and into the ground behind him.

A scream of pain left his throat before being heightened when the weapon was drawn out of him.

The pain caused him to once again collaspe onto the ground, this time on his back.

He could only stare up with wide, tearful eyes. Staring up at the monster he thought would forgive him... Would understand...

"You should just die." They hissed, weapon raised above their head... Then they swung down.

Nightmare lightly gasped for air, his eyes wide as the pain from the dream floated around his body.

The King's throat felt closed up, making breathing a difficult task... Specially quietly...

Even still, he met the challenge and was able to get his breathing under control... Yet, he just... He just felt so awful...

His stomach twisted and turned with disgust and hatred... But it wasn't at anything... It wasn't at anything that he could stop...

Nightmare closed his eyes tightly, biting his lip. He cradled his negativity in his chest, silent tears slipping down his cheeks.

He shouldn't wake Cross... Cross didn't need to pity him...

He deserved every hurtful thing that was coming to him... For he knew it wouldn't even match the misery and pain he had caused.