Corner

Nightmare had taken a nap in his Passive form near noon. He was quiet tired.

He was sleeping on the couch in the living room, gently bundled by his lover. Cross was in the kitchen, prepping dinner.

The others thought this was as good of a time as any to confront the Dark Sans.

Dream gently shook his brother's shoulder, biting his bottom lip. He was worried.

The dark King grumbled some, but woke up. He waved his hand at the yellow guardian, making them back away.

"What?" He mumbled out, shoving the blankets off him as he sat up.

His tiredness faded as he saw everyone's worried and confused looks. Everyone was looking at him as though he was doing something wrong. As though he was something wrong.

Nightmare quietly gulped back his fear, glaring roughly at them all.

"What?" He hissed again.

No one said anything for a moment, no one wanting to be the first. In fact, they were starting to second guess their own worries. Yet, Dream pushed forward.

"Why are you in your Passive Form?" The yellow skeleton's voice was soft, holding no malice or anger. It only showed concern, worry.

The question though, was scoffed at. Night rolled his eyes and held an amused smirk.

"Because I want to." His voice sounded condescending.

Horror frowned deeper, speaking up.

"But you hate being in your Passive form." The cannibal's eyes narrowed, anger shifting inside with the worry. "You hate being seen as weak."

A scowl started to form on the King's lips, his mouth opening to say something, anything! Yet, the others joined.

"Cross has been clinging to you more than usual."

"Cross has more control over you than you have over him."

"That monster's coddling you."

"You wince at sudden or loud noises now."

"You keep preferring to stay near Cross, even now!"

The more everyone spoke, the quicker the spoke, the louder the spoke. The noise was just swimming around Night's head. It was hurting... His thoughts were pounding against his skull, but he couldn't voice them. He couldn't speak.

Dream noticed instantly something was wrong with Nightmare. The King's eyes were zooming from one face to another, his mouth opening and closing at random things, but no sound ever left it.

The guardian opened his mouth, reaching out suddenly for his brother. He wanted to calm him, he could tell that the other was becoming overwhelmed. But that was the wrong move.

Nightmare's eyes shrunk and a shrill scream of fear left him. His body launched himself back, lavender colored tears falling from his eyes as his dark aura was released. Yet, it wasn't his actions that confirmed everything they thought, it was his words.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, please don't hurt me!"

The Dark King closed his eyes, curling some as his hands moved to his ears. He was scared, the noise was too much, the shifting faces and expressions were too much!

The group paused, too shocked to move or make a sound.

"What happened?" A deep, growling voice called out suddenly.

Everyone's body tensed, but the voice made Nightmare panic more. His voice was broken and hurt, stammering out more apologizes... Saying he didn't want a lesson... Saying he had learned it already.

Pain formed in the groups' souls, fear pooling into their guts as they turned to face a livid Cross.

His eyes were still his own, but his face was firm and serious. He looked ready to murder, to destroy everyone that was there.

Cold chills fell down their spines, their legs making them move away and reveal a sobbing Nightmare.

Seeing his Senpai crying so weakly and pathetically in front of everyone, it made the burning rage inside of Cross only grow. Yet, he walked to his love with purpose.

The white clad monster didn't say anything as he gently grabbed his lover. He then turned to face everyone. His expression had harden, his eyes holding a dead, evil look.

"I suggest you leave and never show your face here again." He snarled out.

The majority of the Dark Sanses didn't have to be told twice, barely even taking a second glance at their still sobbing King. The others shook, but they left as well. They didn't know what to expect from Cross at the moment, and that terrified them.

The Star Sanses left afterwards, Dream having to be pulled away. Yet, one thought pestered the small Sans.

What was going to happen to Nightmare now?