Sneaking Out

Nightmare knew Cross wasn't going to let him go willingly. He knew this.

Yet, he needed to do his job. To at least keep the balance somewhat stable!

He waited till the monochrome skeleton was asleep, then he left. He was silent and made sure to be in the kitchen before daring to open a portal to the Dream Realm.

Taking a soft breath, Night jumped in.

A rush of power and energy welcomed him, healing his body of any and all wounds. It even allowed him to take his Aggressive form!

A soft laugh echoed from his chest as he looked down at the larger and more intimidating body. It had been a long while since he had last seen it.

Shaking his head, he got to work.

Time in that Realm was hard to keep up with. Since everyone was dreaming, time wasn't important. Not even to someone like the King.

After what he could only think was an hour, he met his brother who held a golden glow around his body.

Dream's eyes widen in surprised before he tackled his brother into a hug.

"Nighty!" He shouted/squealed. "I can't believe you're here!" He continued, pulling back far enough to smile up at his stronger brother.

The large Sans bellowed out a laugh, easily lifting himself to his feet.

"Well, I may no longer be working for power, doesn't mean I can't keep the balance."

A laugh fell from both of them. Then, the two walked, going from dream to dream.

Some Nightmare corrupted, others Dream saved. Still, with it all, they talked and laughed like brothers should.

"Can you hang with the rest of us? I really want to be with you." The yellow Guardian smiled, the corners of his eyes wrinkling some.

The gooey monster smiled softly, thinking of it. He was probably already in trouble... So, why not.

He could have some fun at least.