Epilogue

Dream passed the small room he was in, staring intently at the ground. The others were outside, hearing his steps on the tile.

This unnerved many of them, specially the Dark Sanses. They had thought Nightmare's pacing was his own, edgy thing... Yet to hear it from someone as innocent and bright as Dream, it wasn't a good image for them.

After some more hours, the bright Sans walked out of the room. His head was bowed, in one of his hands was Nightmare's old crown. It was busted and broken in a few ways, yet it clearly cared for.

With glaring  eyes, the yellow guardian looked to his friends and newly made allies. His eyes were sharp and stern, childish wonder and naivety gone.

"We have to save Nightmare, Cross has lost his mind." His voice was hard and firm, worry dripping from every word.

The three original Dark Sanses nodded. They hadn't seen him like that before. They had seen him terrifyingly pissed before, but they thought that was Chara. They thought it was the Demon taking control...

The others made faces. They didn't know how strong Cross was anymore, his power level was fluctuating  between thirty-five and almost two hundred. They weren't sure if any of them were enough to keep him down.

"Dream," Ink paused, looking guilty as though the thought that had crossed his mind was sinful. "We can't fight against someone like Cross... We don't know enough about him to fight him."

The golden sun looked away, his face twisting with anger, tears filling his eyes.

"But we have to save Nightmare..." A single tear fell down his cheek. "I had never seen him so broken and destroyed... We have to save him!" Quickly, Dream's head snapped to them, more tears falling down his face.

The golden streams didn't match the angry look in the guardian's eye.

The other Sanses bowed their head, not even able to look him in the eye, but they already fell. They were willing to help him save Nightmare.

"What will we even do about Cross?" Possess brought up, his scratchy voice making a few glare at him.

Dream wiped away the annoying tears, before giving them a straight answer.

"We trap him in a dungeon that he can't escape from."