Job

Dream and the other Sanses were allowed to visit the dark Castle once again after a few months of silence.

You'd think the Sanses like Horror, Dust and Killer would be allowed to get into the place they were living in, but nope! The new Cross X refused anyone from getting into the Castle, hell the dead AU!

He somehow had been able to get into the code of the place and canceled any portals in or out of it, minus his own. Which was bad since he didn't tell Night this, and to be fair, he still hasn't.

The other Sanses all were becoming worried. Cross was growing out of control...

He kept Nightmare to himself, was always around the King, basically forced the mighty tyrant into a passive form(that much they knew), and if the Ex-Guardian so much as even stepped outside the AU without his know how/permission, he'd trap the two of them in the AU!

Even the darkest of the Sanses, like Possess, were growing fearful! It also was causing an unbalance amongst the emotions of Positivity and Negativity... As well as Dreams and Nightmares...

The golden Sans was going to bring this up with his brother, who he hoped would be able to convince Cross to let him do his job... It was an easy job... Two days away and the balance should be back!

As usual, Dream found his brother being coddled by the Codebreaker, who wasn't even paying attention to the bored looking skeleton.

"Brother!" The bright twin shouted, rushing to the stronger one.

The darker twin looked up with wide eyes, a small smile forming on his lips. He didn't make a move though, as instantly the red-white eyed skeleton focused on the two.

"Hey, Dream... Whatcha want?" The King tilted his head a little.

The Guardian nodded, lightly laughing.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd want to have company when you go on your job!"

Silence was his answer as Nightmare's eyes widen in shock. He had completely forgotten about his job.

"I... I forgot..." He muttered, just barely loud enough for the growing group of Sanses to hear.

Confused and concerned looks passed through the crowd of skeletons. All of the Dark Sanses knew that their King never forgot something... Specially his job. The job that kept him strong!

Dream looked surprised the most.

"You forgot?" He called a little louder, confirming what the others had heard. "Then we have to go now!"

Night turned to Cross, his pale eyes begging him to let go.

The monochrome monster tsked.

"No." His answer was simple and rough.

A wince responded to that no. A wince they all saw.

"But, Cross, I need to do my job. If I don't there won't be a balanced amount of-"

"I said no, Nightmare." A glare was in the larger monster's eyes now, they faintly flickering into X's.

The Dark King fell silent. No longer trying to persuade Cross to let him go, or simply do his job...

The white and black dressed monster sighed softly, kissing Night's head. He then leaned back in their chair, pulling Nightmare closer to him.

The dark Sans responded by curling up into him, but everyone could see the guilty, hurtful look in his eyes.

"The job can wait." The Codebreaker muttered softly.

Night nodded, smiling at the others, silently begging them to drop it.

That smile... That interaction... It was like being dropped into an icy ocean...

Something wasn't right with the balance between the King and his Knight. They just didn't know by how much.