ten

1/25/20 7:01pm

eddie kaspbrak stood outside the denbrough house, shaking like a leaf as a result of the january winds. at least, that was what he told himself.

he wrapped his sweater-bound arms tighter around himself. should he knock? after all, his mother's car was still in the driveway, the headlights illuminating the surrounding area in a soft glow. he could still escape.

his internal debate was halted when the door was pulled open by none other than bill denbrough.

"eddie!" he exclaimed, a soft smile on his face, "are you c-coming inside? or d-do you want to catch f-f-frostbite?"

eddie shivered, but this time with disgust, as images of blackened fingers and toes he'd seen in medical magazines popped into his brain. having made up his mind, he waved goodbye to his mother, even though he couldn't see through her windows in the pitch black night, and stepped into the house.

eddie toed off his white converse as he entered the house, placing them neatly next to a couple of other pairs. One, a pair of brown loafers, placed neatly like his own, and the other, black combat boots, thrown down in a seemingly haphazard manner. bill closed the door gently behind them both.

he looked at bill expectantly. bill started walking farther into the house, beckoning eddie to follow.
"my p-parents and georgie are out, and t-the others are already in the b-basement."

"others?" eddie asked innocently, as if he didn't know richie would be here. bill stopped in his tracks and swiveled his head, a sheepish look on his face. he opened his mouth to explain, but eddie held up a hand to stop him.

"i already know. you really thought i wouldn't talk to richie about this?" the small boy stated, looking down at his nails.

"i'm s-sorry, eddie." bill said with a frown. eddie tried to glare at him, he really did, but seeing the dejected look on bill's face made him realize he couldn't stay mad at the boy.

eddie's gaze softened. "it's fine. i'll be down in a minute, okay?"

bill nodded, his eyes full of understanding, and disappeared down the stairs.

eddie battled with himself in his mind, leaning against the doorframe. was this really a good idea? he ought to wait until next week, like planned. but, his curiosity outweighed any potential risks in his mind, and he padded down the basement stairs in his lavender socks a few moments later.

⭐️✨💫

"the breakfast club is obviously the best choice!" richie exclaimed, waving the remote in the air. they sat on opposite ends of the L-shaped couch, bill pressed against stan's side. richie was in charge of finding a movie they would all enjoy, but he and stan had found themselves in a heated argument in the process.

"it's obviously lolita!" stan shot back passionately.

"that movie is disgusting, staniel. how can you even watch that?"

"it's a cinematic and literary classic!" stan defended. "while the breakfast club is a pretty good movie, i have to admit, everyone has seen it, like, a billion times."

"i haven't seen it." a soft voice piped up behind him.

"have you been living under a rock?" richie snorted, still staring into the glare of the television, unaware of who he was even speaking to.

"it feels like it. my momma never lets me do anything fun."

richie jumped up from the couch almost immediately, his neck nearly snapping in order to find the source of the voice.