sixteen

warning: underage drinking (just a little!)

⭐️✨💫

1/31/20 6:37pm

eddie rocked back and forth on his feet in front of his mirror. he couldn't seem to find an outfit that suited him. he was currently in some jeans and a long-sleeved floral button-up with a white tee underneath.

he looked to bill, who was sprawled out on his bed looking bored out of his mind. "what do you think?"

he viewed eddie for a moment. "cute."

eddie groaned and began taking the shirts off. "i have to look hot!" he exclaimed, remembering richie's text from yesterday, which had prompted him to call bill over to help him get ready.

"he already thinks you're hot," bill said, nearly reading his mind.

eddie looked away from him quickly. "just shut up and tell me what to do like you always do."

"show some more skin." bill pondered for a moment, "you have nice legs; wear shorts."

eddie's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. "shorts? i'll freeze to death!"

"the party's inside bev's house. it'll probably get pretty hot in there anyway."

eddie grumbled but complied, searching through one of his drawers. his hand closed around a pair of red shorts and he flung them across the room at bill. "what about these?"

bill grinned as he threw them back. "perfect. wear it with that black shirt. the short one?"

eddie nodded, grabbing the cropped black tee off of the hanger. he'd actually cropped that shirt himself the last time bill was at his house, because there was no way in hell his mom would ever let him buy something like that. he took the shirt, his shorts, and his converse to his bathroom and changed into them.

he cringed at the golden skin of his midriff and thighs, and what his mother would think if she saw him now. it was a good thing she was sleeping soundly in her bed, having already given her son permission to spend the night at bill's house. she didn't need to know that that wasn't where they were going to be.

bill hooted when eddie walked back into the room. "goddamn!"

eddie smiled slightly at his friend and spotted richie's jean jacket hanging on the back of his desk chair. he slipped it on, knowing it would complete the look. bill whistled obnoxiously behind him.

eddie rolled his eyes not for the first (or last) time that night.

⭐️✨💫

1/31/20 7:14pm

eddie was, to say it simply, freaking out.

"eddie, get out of my car." bill said, tugging on the handle of the locked passenger door from the outside.

"no! i can't do it," eddie said. he was doing mostly fine until he saw the dozens of cars parked out front of beverly's house and heard the music booming from inside.

"look, we don't have to stay that long," bill sighed, "just go in there and have some fun, and you can tell me when you want to leave, alright?"

eddie relented, seeing the dejected look on his best friend's face, and unlocked the door. he opened it and slid out into the cool night, desperately wishing he was wearing more clothing.

the two walked silently to the front door and then into the loud house. eddie grasped the back of bill's shirt in order to keep track of him.

they stopped to talk to someone bill knew only a little ways into the house. she was pretty, with short red hair and a black dress. "where's richie?" bill asked, practically yelling over the loud music.