First Day at Brightmoon High

Catra's POV

--------------------

I cannot fucking stand these students, staff, and this school.

This place is full of goody two-shoes and other pathetic people that make me sick to my stomach whenever I watch them interact with their friends or loved ones. Including all the teachers. I swear my adoptive mother transferred me here from Horde High because she wants to see me suffer, as if she doesn't get enough of the satisfaction at home. 

But whatever, I managed to survive this revolting place by asserting my dominance and making a name for myself by becoming the school trouble maker, or as I like to refer myself as, the schools bad-ass. My freshmen year in Brightmoon High I got an expulsion for getting  into so many fights, I only managed to be able to pass because the teachers kept sending me work through mail and had me do the lessons they were teaching in school online just so I can keep up with my class and be able to pass into the next grade. 

Today marks my first day as a senior here, walking up to the entrance doors, I push them open with very little force and I immediately recognize my best friend's face through the sea of students, Scorpia. Well, the main reason I spotted her so quickly was because she's a solid 5'11 and I'm only 5'2 and compared to all the other students within the school, I'm obviously on the shorter side. I swear this place is full of jolly green giants. 

Walking over to her, I kindly greeted her with a good morning. Although she's very tall, has a muscular build, and looks quite intimidating, she's honestly the sweetest girl I have ever come to known in my entire 17 years of living. 

"Hiya Catra! How are you feeling this morning?" She asked me with a bright smile, what more could I expect? She's almost never in a bad or upset mood, always bright and looking on the happier side of things. Hell, wish I had that type of mindset and energy everyday. 

"Eh, could be better. Not too happy about coming back to this dump, but at least its our last year here right?" I replied, my voice giving off a slightly annoyed tone to add a bit of emphasis on how much I despise this school. 

"Aww, don't worry Catra, I'll help you get through it. I promise!"  She replied with a determined expression. All I could do was give a small chuckle as we finally proceeded towards the table that was located close by to the entrance to get our schedules. 

-------------------- 

After giving our names to the staff member that was handing out the schedules and receiving our respective paper. We stayed close by to the entrance and compared our papers together, I was honestly relieved to see that Scorpia and I had every single class together, I really got lucky this year. Maybe things won't be as bad as they have been the past two years now in my time attending this school. 

"Hey, did you hear about the new student that's transferring here? Rumors going around saying its a girl who's supposed to show up today." Scorpia spoke as she continued to look over her schedule. 

Maybe I spoke too soon. If its not the students, staff, and the school itself that I absolutely despise, its newbies. I don't exactly have a reason as to why I actually dislike new kids, maybe its because I have to teach the newcomer who exactly to watch out for. Don't get me wrong, I love the way my adrenaline rushes during and after a physical fight, and fighting in general, but it does get boring after a while. Maybe because Brightmoon High is so frequent on getting new students on an average of almost every two months. 

But I like trying new things, I just don't really like repetition. And because I have been in this school for a solid three years now, everyone knows not to test me because I won't hesitate to show them why things are the way they are.