Babysitting With Adora

Adora's POV

-----------------------------

It has been two weeks now since Catra and I went in the forest to relax. That day was probably one of the most relaxing days I've had in years. But to see that kind side of Catra was definitely the best part of it, and to be able to not only be in a very special spot with her, but to also see her walls break down just a bit to actually allow herself to wind-down and relax was practically a blessing. 

We haven't been able able to hang out with each other much after that day, mainly because Catra refuses my invitations to do something fun after school and claims she has a "curfew" which I highly doubt but then again, we're all raised differently.  Whenever I saw her in the hallways, but wasn't able to talk or be near her, I simply studied her a bit. The way she moves around in the hallways or in the classes we have together, how she interacts with others, little things like that. When I see something I'm very interested in, I can be quite observant, in a non stalker-ish type of way. But from what I learned, Catra really has those walls around built up high and strong. 

Just like every other day whenever she walked down a crowded hallway, people immediately moved out of her way, practically molding into each other just to avoid accidentally touching her. That's one of the things that has me so intrigued by her. 

In some of my classes I also hear some of the girls whisper warnings to each other, "watch out for the Devil" or "unless you want to end up like those five boys, you better remember to not touch her".

I just don't get it, why doesn't she liked to be touched? Maybe she's a germophobe? It was highly unlikely but it is a possible thought. Maybe one day she'll be able to tell me herself. 

I was currently in my last class of the day, I had finished my work fifteen minutes early and already turned it in, so that gave me plenty of time to think of a way to be able to hang out with Catra again. The problem, however, was that after the final bell ringed to signal the end of the day, I had to babysit for my neighbors. 

I internally groaned at the thought of not being able to hang out with Catra yet again. I was doing pretty well with getting her to talk to me and relax a bit when we were alone together, but after she drove me home that night, she was quick to remind me that we weren't friends and I quote, "Never in a thousand years will I ever be your friend." 

Although it did hurt to hear that, I could tell she was lying, there was something in the way she would tell me we will never be friends that gave her away. I'm not giving up though, if I'm going to uphold my promise to Glimmer and my desire to be Catra's friend, then I have to take baby steps. 

And that is when I got a great idea. Looking at the clock, I realized there were only three minutes left until school was over and I was free to do as I pleased. With a great sense of eagerness, I packed up my things and sat somewhat impatiently in my seat.  

 Finally, the bell ringed and all the students dispersed out of the classrooms and out of the exits to head home. I was having a hard time finding Catra though, she's only four inches shorter than me but compared to all the other giants here it quickly became a challenge to spot her in the crowd. 

But the swarm of teens wasn't scrambling to get away from anyone, so that's how I knew she wasn't in the hallway. Scratching my head, I decided to check the parking lot to see if she was on her bike. When I exited the building, I let out a breath I had no idea I was holding. 

Catra had just walked Scorpia to what I assumed was the taller girls jeep, they talked a for a bit until Scorpia gave Catra a hug, hoped in her own vehicle and drove off.