Watch Out For the Beast

Adora's POV

--------------------

Making my way up to the school entrance, I took a deep breath to control the butterflies that were fluttering around crazily in my stomach. 

I'm a new transfer student here at Brightmoon High and I was only this nervous because I didn't want to have to deal with the same issues I had dealt with back at Horde High, the awful curriculum, the amount of daily fights that occurred, and how the sports teams were absolute cheaters during game days. None of that sat well with me so I finally managed to find a school that was one hundred times better and much cleaner than that dreadful place. 

As I opened the doors and walked through, I was immediately surprised by the amount of students that were crowded by the front of the entrance, all eyes were drawn to me and I quickly felt a bit uncomfortable under everybody's gaze, hurriedly shaking off the feeling, I replayed the principals instructions in my head and tried to make my way towards the table that was supposed to be located somewhere near the entrance doors.

Trying to show off a good first impression, I smiled and waved to everyone I passed by as I came into a small clearing and spotted the table, but out of everybody I passed by, one girl really caught my eye. She was definitely shorter than me, I was 5'6 while she looked to be about 5'2. She had beautiful, long brown, and somewhat shaggy hair, and a lighter shade tucked behind both her ears as well . She had two helix piercings and a standard lobe piercing on both ears, she wore a burgundy shirt with a black jacket over it, black ripped jeans, and a pair of black and red Jordan's. Then to top off her nice outfit, she wore a matching burgundy beanie. 

But what really captivated me was how beautiful and unique her eyes were, the left was a bright greenish-yellow while her right eye was a beautiful shade of blue, when our eyes locked onto each other, I couldn't help but give her a genuine, warm smile and continued my way towards the table to receive my schedule and walked down a hallway and towards the principals' office. Silently thanking god that I was given a tour of the area over the summer so I at least knew where I was going and didn't have to look slow and ask for help on the first day. Though I wouldn't mind asking that pretty brunette for some help. 

--------------------

Coming up to the principals office door, I gave it a firm knock and waited for my the door to open, or for someone to yell from the other side and tell me I was good to come in.

The latter happened and as I walked in, I quickly took note of two students that stood by the desk, and the older woman that sat behind it. 

"Hi again Mrs.Angella, how was your summer?" I asked politely as I dropped my bag beside the open chair and sat down on the other that was free. 

"It was great Adora, thank you for asking, how was yours?" She replied in a kind manner. 

"It was delightful, got some much needed relaxation." I answered honestly as I waved at the two students. Both gave genuine smiles as they looked back at the principal. 

"I hope you found my office without any struggles, this here is my daughter, Glimmer, and her best friend Bow. I assigned them both to give you a quick tour of the school to help you get used to the new surroundings and give a brief discussion of how we run things here." Nodding my head, I shook both of their hands and gathered my belongings as I followed them out the door.  

Closing the door behind me, I faced the darker skinned boy and short girl, "So Adora, although my mother just said to give a brief talk about how things run around here, I think it would be more interesting that we talk about more interesting matters. We can discuss business later today." Glimmer said as she looked up at me.