Catra and Adora Learn Five Things About Each Other

*WARNING*

Implied and referenced self-harm and abuse this chapter, if it is in any way, shape, or form, triggering then I suggest not reading.  

I mean I don't think it's too bad but fuck that, I'm playing the safe card. 

Better safe than sorry, carry on now.

If you do decide to proceed and read then enjoy my typos and grammatical errors because my lazy ass did not proof read this, lol.

-----------------------------

Adora's POV

-----------------------------

Its officially been a week since Catra had agreed to my little bet I made on the first day of school with her and since she's helped me babysit my neighbor's adorable, adopted baby. 

I still couldn't shake that terrified look she made when I told her just how late it was. The next day when I saw her at school, she looked more cold and closed off than I had ever seen her in my entire, short time of attending Brightmoon High. Those walls she has built around her were up twice as high and twice as strong, I knew that I was most likely going to have to go above and beyond to prove to Catra that I only had good intentions of wanting to be her friend and make those walls around her crumble, just enough to let me in. I never brought it up though, I didn't want to a cross a line I wasn't allowed to cross, so I decided that once she was comfortable enough around me, that's when I would bring it up. 

Its not like I can forget about it anyways, that look she gave me that night will always be engraved in my mind. 

 We've been in school for four weeks now, today was Friday, tomorrow would actually mark a month, and in that time, I have learned three things about Catra. 

1. She loves music.

 I first found this out when I had walked past the music room to drop off some work to the office for my teacher since I was done with my class work, and I just happened to hear someone singing this really beautiful song. When I did peer through the window to see who it was in the music room, I was actually surprised to see that it was the famous troublemaker herself, sitting down in the middle of the room alone, strumming a guitar in her hands and singing this beautiful song that I didn't recognize. Her singing voice was really incredible, she had me so captivated I actually questioned why she wasn't a famous singer.

Another time I realized Catra really loves music was when I heard her talking to Scorpia, going off about a girl she was talking to, but dropped in less than twenty-four hours because of how dry her responses were over text. The next thing I knew, Scorpia was banging this really catchy beat on the lockers while Catra made up this rather hilarious and catchy diss about the girl that was texting her, adding in a few claps every now and then for the fun of it. Then the most obvious moment was how in the classes we have together- and she's actually in class- she would usually ignore the teachers and either drum her fingers or a couple of pencils on her desk while she hummed a soft tune. Of course if people were bothered by this, they never said anything to Catra or told her to stop her tapping, for obvious reasons.

2. Catra apparently smokes and has occasional one night stands with students from other schools. 

The first time I caught her smoking was actually a few days after she hurriedly ran off the night we were babysitting together. I had wanted a break form riding the bus and wanted to get a bit of exercise in and stretch my legs. So I managed to get to school and hour early, which yes, was highly unnecessary but my legs felt alive and awake so it was definitely worth it. To my surprise though, Catra was there as well, she was sitting on the front steps with the cigarette placed comfortably between her lips. My body was moving faster than my brain at the time and I ran up to her before she could identify me, snatched the cigarette from her, and crushed it under my sneaker.