Hanging Out With The Newbie

Catra's POV

The design of Catra's motorcycle that is later mentioned in the story, may or may not have lost the will power to do a description of it, lol. 

------------------------

I have no idea what the hell happened back there, but one question keeps on popping up over and over again in my head. 

Why didn't I hit her? 

She knows I don't like being touched, its not a secret. Everyone in Brightmoon High knows that about me. But for some strange reason, I didn't hit her when she pulled me closer to her. Maybe I was too flustered to really focus on what I was doing? Or maybe it was because she startled me when she pulled me down? 

Maybe in some weird way she is different than all the other dip shits here. 

I don't know. Usually when this happens the person who even dared to touched me either ends up in the hospital or earns themselves a few broken bones and a sweet pair of two black eyes. It's my combo deal.

But I didn't and that's the real problem here, and no thanks to her, I barely had time to eat. So instead of going to class, I decided to skip and eat underneath the large oak tree that was planted a few years ago in the back of the school. Ever since I decided to sneak out of my adoptive mother's home and came to explore the forest behind the school my freshman year one night, it kind of became a place for me to let out all my negative thoughts, worries, regrets, and just in general a place where I could find some peace and quiet. 

It was my own beautiful safe haven, my escape from the harsh reality I live in outside of school.

 I had just finished the food that Scorpia had kindly brought for me and was simply enjoying the peace and quiet that had surrounded me. 

Or I was, until the last person I expected to come back here and find me showed up.

Adora was looking around and calling my name repeatedly, I have no idea why she was looking for me, but I was beyond grateful that the forest was about sixty yards away from the school. So that gave me about sixty yards of a head start to run away from the determined and psychotic blonde teen. But I didn't want her to catch me running away like a coward, that was the last thing I wanted. 

So instead of running, I simply got up from my rather comfortable spot on the trunk of the oak tree and whistled a few times to get her attention. Apparently she heard me because she started jogging over to me, her book bag looked heavy. Like she had a bunch of books and papers stuffed in there. 

Once we met each other, I let her catch her breath before speaking, "What do you want Newbie? And how did you know to come back here and look for me?" I inquired with one brow raised.

Taking another breath, she set her book bag on the ground and replied with a smile, "Hey Catra, you weren't in class and I finished my work a bit early so I offered to look for you, and Scorpia said that unless you drove off on your motorcycle, you would be back here somewhere." 

Of course Scorpia told her where I would have most likely gone, she suspected something with Adora and I earlier today and grew even more suspicious when I sat down with her at our usual table in the cafeteria with a blush still lingering on my cheeks that I hadn't noticed until she pointed it out to me. I was about to say something when a sudden thought occurred to me.

"Wait so... if you're in my class right now, why did you offer to look for me and not Scorpia?" I asked in confusion. I silently made an assumption in my head as to why Scorpia didn't come, but I wanted to hear what blondie here had to say first.