You Don't Hate Me

Catra's POV

-------------------------------

My whole body was in so much pain, so much that their were zero words that could describe how much I was feeling right now. But on a scale of 1-10, it was fucking 80.

After Ms.Weaver finished up with handing me my daily punishment, she simply fell fast asleep in her bed as though nothing happened, I on the other hand, couldn't get not a wink of shut eye. My body wouldn't allow me to. 

Regardless of what happened last night, I was still forced to go to school despite my barely attempted protest about going to school in my condition. But my "disobedience" nearly got me a slap to the face that I avoided had I not ducked in time. 

I want to put that women in jail, I want to so badly see her behind bars and rotting there for the rest of her life for all that she's done to me. But I can't, I don't know why I haven't called the police to turn her in, my body is evidence enough, but every time my thumb hovered over that green button on my phone with "911" written clear as day on the screen, I would simply turn my phone off and fall asleep right after. Maybe somewhere, deep inside my head, the answer to that is there. 

I haven't even told Scorpia about what I go through in my own "home" and I pretty much tell her everything. But I have my reasons as to why I never told anybody.

I pulled into the parking lot of my school and shut off the engine to my beautiful ride, wincing as I got off my bike and walked in the building with a half hour to spare before class starts. Every move I made felt like someone was just stabbing and constantly throwing punches at me, minus the fact that my body felt as though it was on fire.

I guess my sour mood and lack of sleep was really showing because the minute I opened up the main doors to the building and sluggishly walked in, all eyes landed on me, and everyone that stared visibly grimaced and frowned. I tried my best to not look like a hot mess this morning, but I had no way of hiding the bags underneath my eyes. That was impossible considering I owned zero make-up products.

I didn't even have enough energy to snap at people like I usually do whenever they stared at me for too long. I feel dead. 

I honestly wanted to just walk right out the building, head to my secret spot, and sleep in that thick bed of flowers I showed Adora that time. 

Speak of the devil, my thoughts were interrupted when I heard her call out my name. I didn't have the willpower nor energy today to scold her whenever she does something like that. 

When I turned to face her, I noticed that her friends, Glimmer and Bow, were a few feet away from her, and Adora was jogging over to my side. I decided to let her catch up before walking again, this time with a somewhat welcomed company.

"Catra, hey, are you-"

The surprised look on her faced said it all, "Did- did you sleep, like, at all?"

She couldn't possibly be this dumb... could she? The evidence was crystal clear on my face, anyone could take one look at me and come the conclusion that I didn't get not even a half hour of sleep, or maybe she simply wanted to hear the answer from me. But I like to think the latter was the true answer. 

"I uh- I was busy last night... with uh.. work." I guess it wasn't a complete lie, I do have a part time job at a famous bar in the city. But instead of actually working at my job, I was working like Cinderella to clean up Ms.Weaver's house. 

Adora seemed to buy it for the time being and curiously asked me, "Where do you work?" 

"I'm a barmaid at Jinx, it's one of the most popular bars in town, heard of it?"