Ms.Weaver's House (Part 2)

Adora's POV

---------------------

When I woke up, I wanted to jump out the nearest window head first. This hangover I had was the absolute worst. My head was pounding as though a microscopic person was in my head banging a mallet against my skull. 

With a groan, I rolled over onto my stomach and tenderly held my head in my hands.

"Thought you would have a hangover, sit up and drink this. I made you some coffee before you have to go." 

I knew that voice, that was Catra, and just like that, all my senses and memories of last night came flooding back to me as I did what was instructed and took the warm mug off coffee she made for me.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"6:15, I couldn't sleep because of the headache that was starting and you started moaning and groaning because of the hangover that was taking its toll." She answered. 

"Oh, well thank you for the coffee and sorry for waking you." I said, taking a sip as I looked at my surroundings. The room was still fairly dark but there was little to enough light to be able to see Catra's face without having to look too hard.

"Hey," I took another sip, "this is really good, what is it?"

"Hazelnut, it was the only flavor we had but I'm glad you like it." 

Within a matter of minutes, I finished the mug and handed it back to Catra, who simply placed it in the floor.

"Are you feeling okay enough to climb down a ladder and walk all the way home?" Catra asked after a moment of silence. 

"Uhm, I would say yes but I have no idea where I am. Neighborhood wise." I responded sheepishly.

Catra looked back and forth between her window and her closed bedroom door before standing up and holding out a hand for me to take, which I happily did.

"I'll take you back home, but you have to be extremely quiet okay? I cannot wake Ms.Weaver up." She sounded so... scared and worried, although her expression was stern, her tone of voice said otherwise.

I gave her a firm nod and slowly stood up beside her. When she opened up her window we climbed into just hours ago, she suddenly combed a hand through her hair in frustration and started to cuss under her breath.

"What?"

"I put the fucking ladder back down under the tarp." She muttered.

"...How did you do that? Weren't you in bed asleep with me?" I asked, thoroughly confused. 

"I woke up three times, once because of a stupid nightmare and then I woke up in a panic because I usually always make sure I put it back under the tarp outside so Ms.Weaver doesn't find it. Then I woke up again because of the headache and your groaning." 

"Oh... wait how do you get it back under the tarp if your room is three stories high?"

"I sneak down to the kitchen window, open it up and put the ladder under the tarp and climb back in the house through the window. I would do the same thing right now and put it up for you to sneak out but I have some unexpected company that I couldn't just leave out in the street all night until the home owner wakes up and gets the door for her. I can't risk you making any noise right now that might wake Ms.Weaver up so come on."

She started to cautiously advance towards her door, but I stopped her by grabbing her hand.

"Hey, I remember the conversations we had last night. I don't feel safe leaving you here Catra."