2.4 The Struggle of a little Boy and his Pet

2.4 Raise of moral integrity, educate the slag Male Lead and the struggle of a little boy and his pet!

The sky was clear, clear as the mood Rong XingLi was in. His little bun had successfully evaded the calamity and reunited with his parents. They were currently watching a stage play.

It was the legend of Huan Jing defeating the devil of the plague, who had brought disease to his family and the people of the Ruhe River. With the help of an immortal, he had learned the magic arts to kill the devil of the plague.

The play was full of emotions, dramatic music and hardships. Of course, they had to add a romantic subplot, or the women of the inner court wouldn't even pay attention to the play.

Rong XingLi reclined on his little master's lap and let himself ruffled without shame. He even lifted his chin to indicate Gao Qingxuan where to stroke next.

"Ding— Host, please stay alert," Jing Yi reminded. His host had completely abandoned his dignity and asked a child for physical labor.

Rong XingLi's eyes narrowed in satisfaction. His little master was a genius at fondling animals. It was truly a shame, that he had a traumatic experience and hated them as a result. After getting scratched enough, he finally answered his system.

"En, but there hadn't been any suspicious movements of Consort Wei or any other person present. By the way, do they plan to watch chrysanthemums for the rest of the day? The crown prince is too small to climb a mountain and the concubines, as well as the Empress Dowager, look too fragile to do so either," he surmised. His tone was neither playful nor coquettish contrary to his actions.

Jing Yi seized Rong XingLi up profoundly, his host was only ditzy on the surface, but had actually stayed attentive since the farce from earlier.

"Ding— System 01 has detected an unusual substance in the vicinity, please proceed with caution. The perpetrator used a special method of concealment, the exact whereabouts of the substance can't be located at the moment."

"You can't? How could that be..." Rong XingLi murmured.

"Ding— There are traces of spiritual fluctuations matching the profile of magic talismans."

Rong XingLi's eyes nearly fell out of their sockets. He asked incredulously, "Magic... there really exists magic in this world?"

"Ding— It does. Although the spiritual energy is sparsely in this plane and only a handful of people can use it," Jing Yi explained.

It was only natural to encounter a world with magic someday, just that this day had come faster than Rong XingLi had expected. There was this irrepressible urge to slam his head against a wall welling up in him. On one hand, he was excited to see real magic, but on the other hand, he felt a sudden headache since it could complicate his mission.

However, his time to brood over his small dilemma was cut short by another urgent matter; His little ancestor had become restless. After he had whispered something to his mother, the boy sprinted off with his Kumquat in his bosom. None of the servants followed him nor dared to look at him.

Tears ran down Rong XingLi's face. He had a hunch about what could make his protege move. When Gao Qingxuan had disappeared behind a door and he was placed before the room with the command "Kumquat, guard this prince well," it was clear. The little milkbun had to take a restroom break ah!

No, don't leave your mother! Please, go back fast! I beg you ba!!!

Rong XingLi flopped to the floor. If Liu Nana consumed the suspicious substance in his absence and it turned out to be poison, wouldn't his mission fail because of a tinkle break?! He could only pray, that Gao Qingxuan was quick...