2.5 Struggle with family problems!

2.5 Raise of moral integrity, educate the slag Male Lead and struggle with family problems!

Gao Qingxuan's stare was like thousand piercing needles and Rong XingLi felt a burning sensation all over his body. He involuntarily got cold sweat.

Not good, not good! My cover hasn't blown up, right??

Rong XingLi felt distressed at the mere thought of being exposed.

"Ding— Gao Qingxuan has been watching the whole time," Jing Yi added nonchalantly.

"Wait, what do you mean with 'the whole time'?" Rong XingLi asked frantically while pretending to fall asleep.

"Ding— He has been watching since host began pondering."

"Why didn't you tell me??"

"Ding— The situation didn't require host's attention."

"Didn't require my attention? I acted totally out of character! Foxes don't prop up their heads or massage their forehead!"

"Ding— Host has always acted like a silly human and that behavior has been recognized by the male lead as normal."

Rong XingLi: "..."

So he had been an unusual pet from the beginning ah.

While he seriously doubted, if he could still call himself Film Emperor, a warm palm patted his back. Gao Qingxuan carefully stroked his fur.

"Kumquat ah, are you unhappy?"

Rong XingLi opened his eyes and blinked at Gao Qingxuan with a tilted head.

"Rawr?" —What do you mean?

"Kumquat is not?" The little ancestor asked incredulously with pursed lips. "But you look sad ah."

Rong XingLi was touched by the milkbun. The original plot was too cruel to such a good-natured child, it was unbelievable that his Qingxuan would ever become an infamous animal abusing emperor in the future. Not only for points, he truly wished for Gao Qingxuan to grow up safely.

Upon coming to a conclusion, Rong XingLi decided to stop overthinking things he couldn't solve at the moment and make Gao Qingxuan worry needlessly. The best way to achieve that was byselling meng. Hence, he rolled on his back and showed his white tummy. His eyes then sparkled at Gao Qingxuan, who dutifully crawled through the fluffy fur. Of course, the master of crawling showed his full prowess, which made the small fox squint his eyes in satisfaction.

"Wuuuu~" —I'm worried about you ah. But don't mind me and be a good boy, okay?

"En," Gao Qingxuan mumbled, but Rong XingLi didn't notice his perfectly timed answer as he was assailed by feelings of happiness and satisfaction.

Even if he did, he would never have guessed that Gao Qingxuan responded to his request he had uttered in fox language...

Their pet-owner-bonding lasted for the time it takes an incense stick to burn, before the little ancestor took up the brush in his hand again. Rong XingLi watched him write clean yet energetic characters with just a few strokes. From the edge of the table, Gao Qingxuan looked very loveable with his unyielding dedication. The sight was very pleasing to the eye, but one thing stood out the more he shone.

—A lonely body with only a shadow for company.

...flashed through Rong XingLi's mind in that moment. He was a pet that couldn't accompany Gao Qingxuan his whole life. The next time he would meet Liu Nana, he somewhat had to convince her to hire a human companion for the lonely boy. It's just too sad to only have a fox as a single friend ah.