three.

"i like your face," sehun blurted out without thinking. a heavy silence fell upon the two teenagers, sehun's face flushing a deep pink when he realized what he said.

"i'm sorry- i meant to say i like your painting," sehun immediately recovered, "i don't- i don't know why i said face, i'm rather stupid and so you shouldn't listen to me."

"thanks," jongin said, staring at the flustered sehun. sehun didn't get flustered easily and jongin knew this, seeing sehun always acted calm, cool, and collected during the classes they shared together (a total of four out of five classes). sehun blinked.

"for what?"

"i like your face too," jongin shrugged, then going back to his painting. sehun stared at the back of his head, cheeks once again dusted pink. he put his headphones back on, sitting down on a seat across the classroom from where jongin stood painting.

out of every greeting, you went with 'i like your face'?! he probably thinks you're a faggot now!

sehun slid down in his seat in pure shame and waited for his first period to start, which would take a while considering the fact that it was still an hour before students would even start to show up. he contemplated taking a nap, but he didn't want to risk the chance of snoring in front of jongin (sehun didn't snore, but he didn't want to take any risks).

he probably thinks i'm some creep that's into him or something.

maybe i should say that i have a boyfriend.

no, cause then he'll know i'm gay and he's probably homophobic like everyone else in this damn town.

what if he tells someone i complimented his face? no- he wouldn't talk to people.

why is my heart being so loud? what if he hears it?!

i'm probably just embarrassed. god, i'm so embarrassed.

"oi, sehun," jongin said, catching the younger's attention, "can you get me the red paint?"

that's probably the most he's ever said to anyone ever.

"s-sure," sehun stuttered out, getting up from his seat. he scurried over to where the paint was stored, looking around jugs until he found the red. sehun grabbed it, then walking back over to jongin.

"thanks," jongin said, taking the jug of paint from sehun, "you don't talk much in class, you know."

"yeah, neither do you," sehun said with a nod. jongin shrugged.

"why talk when i have nothing to say?" jongin replied. sehun frowned.

"well that's a lie," sehun said. jongin rose an eyebrow as he began to paint again.

"what is?"

"everyone has something to say," sehun said quietly, "even if they don't say it, everyone has an opinion."

jongin looked to sehun, "what makes you so sure?"

"because i would know, wouldn't i?" sehun asked, "being one of the more... quiet ones... i tend to notice stuff like that. like you'll roll your eyes every time taemin speaks."

"well, that's because every time taemin speaks, some of my brain cells die," jongin said. sehun let out a rare, tiny laugh.

"yeah, i get it," sehun agreed, "he never shuts up."

"yeah," jongin gave a smile. sehun had never seen him smile before.

he has a really nice smile.

"so, what are your opinions then?" jongin asked after a few moments of silence.

"hmm?" sehun asked, blinking.

"your opinions. you said everyone has some," jongin repeated, "what are yours?"

sehun thought for a moment.

i think everyone in this town kind of sucks.

"mine aren't important," sehun decided. jongin scoffed.

"well that's a lie," jongin said in a mocking voice. sehun's lips twitched upwards.

"mine are offensive," sehun corrected.

"so are mine," jongin shrugged, "fuck everyone, right?"

sehun rose an eyebrow.

"yeah, exactly."