fourteen.

"so, jongin, where did you move from?" mr. oh asked as he ate the lasagna that sehun's mother made.

"i moved from seoul about three months or so, but i only just got settled in," jongin explained.

"just now? why?" jungkook asked.

"did you have a girlfriend back home?" jennie asked jongin.

"i didn't want to get used to the fact that i live here now, i suppose," jongin told jungkook, "seoul is much more.... vibrant."

"but did you have a girlfriend?" krystal repeated her sister.

"don't ask ridiculous questions. jongin's handsome, he would have a girlfriend because he's a normal boy," mr. oh said. sehun blinked, realizing the passive aggressive jab at him and looked down at his plate. jongin noticed but held his tongue, knowing that he should try to stay on good terms with the pastor if he wanted to be allowed near sehun. still, under the table, jongin grabbed onto sehun's hand, locking his fingers with it. the elder gave a little squeeze and sehun bit back a smile, squeezing it back. jungkook noticed and grinned but stayed quiet.

"actually, mr. oh, i didn't have a girlfriend," jongin said, "i tried to stay focus on friendships, i guess you could say."

"well that's lovely, jongin," mrs. oh said, obliviously thinking that jongin was the perfect boy to be friends with sehun. jongin nodded, looking back and forth between mr. and mrs. oh.

i see why sehun's so quiet. with parents like you, he's probably nervous all of the time.

"the food is great, mrs. oh," jongin suddenly said, "very flavorful."

it's too salty.

"ah, thank you," mrs. oh smiled, a light blush coating her cheeks, "so, jongin, will you come by the church soon? i'm sure more of the townsfolk would love to meet you properly."

"ah, i think i've met quite a bit of people by now-" jongin said, then noticing the look on sehun's face. it was obvious declining would be saying the wrong thing.

god damn it, sehun. i hate church.

"-but i suppose i would be happy to go. praise god, right?"

sehun's parents grinned.