Prologue.

Kennedy.

I'm Kennedy Jones...I'm your average straight "A" seventeen year old. I'm basically what you call a "goodie tissues." I just stay to myself and keep myself out of the mix. I have one friend and that's it. He's been by my side through everything and I couldn't be more grateful. His name was Coby and he played basketball,but we were much alike as well.

I have a very petite body, I wasn't too skinny but I also didn't have a Instagram body either. I had long brownish blackish hair that stopped right in the middle of my back, I was about 5'2. Yes I know I'm short, but oh well. My mom was short as well. People say I was a spitting imagine of my mother,and they weren't wrong. We basically looked like twins.

I currently live in Queens, New York with my older brother Kyrie who is now twenty and my little three year old nephew Kayden. We both lost our parents when I was fourteen and Kyrie was seventeen, they both were in a fatal car accident.

Kyrie never really like to talk about them, but after our parents died Kyrie started dealing drugs to keep me and my nephew fed. I wish he would get a better job,but I know this the only one that brings in fast money.

His job doesn't have us living in a big mansion,but it's just enough to have us food in our stomachs, and a place to lay our heads at night.

*

"Kennedy get up. Time for school."Kyrie announced barging into my room.

I groaned to myself and rolled back over.

"Girl I'm not playing."He came back in and threw a pillow at me.

"Okay okay Kyrie I'm up."I mumbled wiping the sleep out of my eyes.

I dragged myself out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I did my morning routine and now I was searching through my closet for an outfit.

I decided to just put on my blue Pink jacket with some ripped black jeans and my hightop black and white vans.

I put my hair into a neat ponytail and I grabbed everything I needed and headed into the living room.

"About time, you be taking forever."Kyrie complained and I just rolled my eyes.

I plugged my headphones in and just tuned Kyrie out the whole ride to Kayden's school.

"Did you hear me?"Kyrie asked snatching one of my earplugs out.

"What?"

"I can't give you a ride today. So I need you to pick Kayden up today after school."He told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay Kyrie."I put my headphone back in my ear and continued to listen to my music.

I hate when I have to walk home, We lived deep in the projects and sometimes Kayden doesn't like to walk and I would have to carry him until we got home.

We pulled up to my high school and I quickly got out of his car. He was so embarrassing, He had his music blasting throughout the parking lot.

I swear my brother acts like he has no home training, we definitely are two different people.

As I was walking on campus people were staring at me weirdly. I hated that, I don't like being the center of attention. It made me feel so weird.

I was in my zone listening to my music when I was suddenly sweeped off of my feet. I snatched my headphones out and looked behind me.

"Coby put me down."I chuckled trying to get out of his strong grip.

"Hey girl."He smiled putting me on the ground.